Not logged in? Join one of the bigest Law Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Tips for Achieving an Amicable Divorce

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

How many days ahead of time can you make deviled eggs?

Family Law Discussion Forum

Postby gervaso81 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:42 am

Ok so here is my situation, my In-Laws have requested I make deviled eggs for Christmas dinner at there house. I have no issue doing this as I have for many other holidays for them. My problem is I would like to make them Friday but I am unsure if they will keep because I have never made them this far in advance before. Saturday is my 21 birthday and I know I will be in no shape to be cooking anything, especially something that has the potential to make people very sick if it is not done right. Sunday is out as well as I personally have a large family and my Husband and I have 4 different Christmas celebrations to attend. Thanks for your advice!
gervaso81

Postby celeste » Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:52 am

yes, just make sure they are sealed well in plastic, then put in covered container and of course in fridge..

1. so they don't crust over too bad

2. and they won't dry out

If worse come to worse, make the boiled eggs, peel them, keep cold and make that morning IF you have any time. ON EDIT: I forgot to mention to put in a sealed container after peeled..sry Merry Christmas!
celeste

Postby hob97 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:53 am

How about this- On Friday Make the filling in a zip bag and cover the whites to keep them nice in the refrig. Then on Sunday you can just cut the tip off the bag and squirt the filling in the whites.
hob97

Postby akule76 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:59 am

hard cook the eggs up to 3 days in advance. you could peel and cut the eggs, keep the whites in a tightly covered container in the fridge, make the filling and keep in a zip bag also in the fridge, assemblt the day of.
akule76

Return to Family Law