Not logged in? Join one of the bigest Law Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Tips for Achieving an Amicable Divorce

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

How is this class president speech?

Dealing with a class action? Discuss it here

Postby demarco » Sat May 12, 2012 7:16 pm

Before I begin my speech, I would like to thank principal Pfeifer, the faculty, my fellow candidates, my good friends in the stands helping me run this campaign, and of course the student body for allowing me to share my views and for having this election.
My name is Ben Beier; I think most of you already know me; if not, I also go by the nickname Kato -- I’m a hardworking kid and I generally get good grades, this last semester I’ve scored all A’s in each of my classes. I’m here because I believe that voting for me will be a decision which will surely benefit our class of 2014. By this, I mean that I will do my best to make the changes which will best suit our junior class. So to give you an idea of what I mean, here is an example of the things I feel should be changed.
This year I went to one of our beginning of the year dances and saw that kids who weren’t wearing dress pants weren’t allowed in, unless they got a change of clothes, I think this is definitely a rule that needs to be addressed, you’ve all heard the kind of music being played-- I’m not saying it’s bad, In fact, I like it very much, but what I am saying is that it’s definitely not “formal music” therefore I strongly believe that we really should not be required to dress formally.
This is just one of the various issues I know I could help with. I’m talking about the hefty amount of vandalism in the boy’s restroom, the vandalism throughout our school, and most of all, the constant stealing from the locker-rooms, I’m not willing to help with this because I want justice or whatever; but because of how unfair it is for all of the guys in our school to be punished when at most, a handful of students are responsible.
I know that many of you may disagree with this next statement but please open your minds and just understand this. THE PUNISHMENT ON BOYS IS SEXIST. I really don’t think I should have to explain what sexism is, but here’s the definition: Sexism is prejudice, stereotyping, or discrimination, on the basis of sex. I’m being discriminated upon because of my sex, and I’m not guilty of anything other than not being psychic and knowing who the perpetrators are. We’re truly sorry about the selfish carelessness of a handful of students, but remember, this isn’t my doing, or the majority of the student body’s fault. Please do not let your anger cloud your judgment. I really hope this goes through to those of you who believe you ought to be punished for somebody else’s actions.
So to close things up, Vote for me to be your class president, as it would be the most rational decision…this only applies if you are in my class…. And if any of you are already set on who you want to vote for other than me as your 2012-2013, junior class president, hear this.
If you cannot change your mind, are you sure you have one?
I recognize that everyone in this class is capable of making worthwhile decisions which will benefit themselves and those around them. Thank-You
demarco

Postby gowan » Sat May 12, 2012 7:32 pm

You addressed many issues and gave a good description of yourself. I think it's a pretty good speech. :)
gowan

Return to Class Action