Not logged in? Join one of the bigest Law Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Research Law Professors Before Choosing Law Schools

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

How can I completely pay off my warrants?

Been involved in a traffic accident? Discuss traffic laws here

Postby bronsin » Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:38 pm

In the last year I've acquired some traffic tickets, In my absent-mindedness I forgot about these tickets and court dates which has resulted in a few open warrants totaling around $1000. Financially I can only support $200 a month to pay these tickets off and cannot renew my license until the warrants are paid. The bond office I called said they only deal with those in custody and attorney fees are way too high. The court said I had to pay in full, so I'm in quite a rut.

If you have any suggestions please share them with me.

Thank you
bronsin

Postby eochaidh94 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:39 pm

In the last year I've acquired some traffic tickets, In my absent-mindedness I forgot about these tickets and court dates which has resulted in a few open warrants totaling around $1000. Financially I can only support $200 a month to pay these tickets off and cannot renew my license until the warrants are paid. The bond office I called said they only deal with those in custody and attorney fees are way too high. The court said I had to pay in full, so I'm in quite a rut.

If you have any suggestions please share them with me.

Thank you
Time to see if you can get a loan from the bank! Forgetting about important things like traffic tickets is bad, the penalties just keep adding up. Now you are at the end ... you must pay to keep your license current. If you can't borrow the money ... I guess your license will expire, at which point I would suggest not driving.

For the memory issues you have, I suggest making a list of important things you can not forget and posting the list somewhere you look often, like next to your computer screen. Might help you remember these things so you do not wind up in this situation again.
eochaidh94

Postby spengler » Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:50 pm

I guess the only alternative is to serve time in jail.
spengler

Return to Traffic Law