Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Hiring a personal bodily injury lawyer?

Discussions relating to Personal Injury Law

Postby bing49 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:17 pm

I was in a car collision nov. 16, 2011 and my suv was totaled. I have problems with my knees, headaches, back, and nightmares. Should I hire a PI lawyer? I don't want to get the short end of the stick.
bing49

Postby pascoe69 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:19 pm

Assuming it wasn't your fault and assuming you had insurance and assuming you have doctor bills and reports and are seeing a therapist for your nightmares and doctors for your pain, I would guess you'd probably want to see an atty
pascoe69

Postby chadburne48 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:20 pm

I had a similar experience & so as other I know and chances are you will get the short end of the stick when it comes to pain and suffering. The lawyer will send you to a doctor that he or she chooses. You will be seen / treated several times a weeks for god knows how long and once your case is settled the lawyer will walk away with the biggest share, leaving you with very little.

Last year my niece was involved in an accident that wasn't her fault. Her car was totaled and she suffered a few minor injuries. The insurance company gave her the blue book value for the car within days. After receiving the medical report of her injuries they offered $10,000. The amount is the minimum amount ever drive must carry for personal injuries in my state.

She said no and hired a PI Lawyer, he sued for the same amount they offered. Long story short, she won her case and after the doctor he sent her to got his cut and he got his, she walked away with Cool $2000. She could have received $10.000 within weeks instead of $2000 a year later.
chadburne48

Postby jung-hwa75 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:22 pm

I had a similar experience & so as other I know and chances are you will get the short end of the stick when it comes to pain and suffering. The lawyer will send you to a doctor that he or she chooses. You will be seen / treated several times a weeks for god knows how long and once your case is settled the lawyer will walk away with the biggest share, leaving you with very little.

Last year my niece was involved in an accident that wasn't her fault. Her car was totaled and she suffered a few minor injuries. The insurance company gave her the blue book value for the car within days. After receiving the medical report of her injuries they offered $10,000. The amount is the minimum amount ever drive must carry for personal injuries in my state.

She said no and hired a PI Lawyer, he sued for the same amount they offered. Long story short, she won her case and after the doctor he sent her to got his cut and he got his, she walked away with Cool $2000. She could have received $10.000 within weeks instead of $2000 a year later.
Yes you should; For most personal injury cases it does matter too much who you get. The case is most likely going to be settled and you will not go to court. One important area are the fees. Most lawyers charge a third and subtract costs. You can find a lawyer that will do charge 20-25% in fees but you have to look for them.
jung-hwa75

Return to Personal Injury Law