Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Harrassing Neighbor

Criminal Law Discussion Forum

Harrassing Neighbor

Postby Farrin » Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:07 am

I live in Dardanelle, AR and we have cat and dog leash laws. My dogs are kept on a leash when they are out and our cat has a litter box.  My next door neighbor calls the police at least once a week saying our cat or dogs has been in his garden.  The police have told him that we are doing everything we can to obey the leash laws.  However, after the police leave he comes out on his back porch and makes snide comments to my 12 year old son but never to my husband or me. Can I file harassment charges against him for doing this weekly and he has no proof it is our cat or dogs, and for the comments he makes to my son, but not us?
Farrin

Harrassing Neighbor

Postby Daibheid » Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:13 am

Cary,

Every state has its own laws and most have laws against "harrassment".  I would doubt if calling the police weekly would constitute harrassment under MY state's laws but that does not mean it is not against the law in your state.  I'd also think that it would be fairly easy to ask the officer who responds on these weekly visits about what recourse you have in this situation.
Daibheid

Return to Criminal Law