Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Harrassing Neighbor

Criminal Law Discussion Forum

Harrassing Neighbor

Postby Kolli » Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:39 pm

So we have lived here for 4 yrs last yr new neighbors moved in..every time we go to back yard they get out the gun and start shooting..everytime.. tonight we were in the back yard in the pool my girls ages 2&3 were having a great time yelling of course they are girls neighbor starts yelling about them and starts shooting the gun again everytime the girls would say anything they would shoot the gun..got into a screaming match with them and they said either shut kids up or they will shoot the guns to scare them into being quiet..they are harassing us I am tired of it What do I do
Kolli

Harrassing Neighbor

Postby edin » Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:14 am

Angie-

Not sure where you live, but there are very few(if any) jurisdictions(states/cities/town) in the United States that allow the discharge of a firearm within a certain distance of an occupied dwelling. Moreover, most jurisdictions(states) require all firearms to be registered with law enforcement authorities. Lastly, using a firearm in the manner you described is considered armed intimidation and/or "brandishing" a firearm. If any of the occupants of that house are convicted felons, their possession of or proximity to any firearm is a federal felony offense as well. You never mentioned calling the local police. Obviously, that would be the first course of action, but you might think of getting some corroborating evidence first. Have any neighbors heard the gunshots? Can you get an audio/video of them firing the weapon? Maybe put a video(with audio) in an upstairs window and then go outside. Any gunshots should be picked up by the camera. Any other witnesses(not from your family) to these actions? We think you get the idea.

The MPM Group, Inc.  
edin

Harrassing Neighbor

Postby Condon » Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:58 pm

So we have lived here for 4 yrs last yr new neighbors moved in..every time we go to back yard they get out the gun and start shooting..everytime.. tonight we were in the back yard in the pool my girls ages 2&3 were having a great time yelling of course they are girls neighbor starts yelling about them and starts shooting the gun again everytime the girls would say anything they would shoot the gun..got into a screaming match with them and they said either shut kids up or they will shoot the guns to scare them into being quiet..they are harassing us I am tired of it What do I do
Condon

Return to Criminal Law