Welcome to Law-Forums.org!   

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Hardware Infection

Been the victim of Medical Malpractice or fighting a malpractice suit? Discuss it here.

Hardware Infection

Postby Hadden » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:05 am

I recently submitted a question regarding a friend Who had broke his leg and can't work And has zero income coming in. When he went in for a check up they discovered infection and was hospitalized for 2 weeks and is bed ridden for the next four months. The infection was a hardware infection. Now he is being told that he may lose his leg if this doesn't work. They removed a piece of muscle from the other leg to replace the infected meat.Could this be a result of malpractice.
Hadden

Hardware Infection

Postby Dugall » Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:11 pm

Armando,

It could be malpractice if it was not properly sanitized prior to being placed.  It also may be a products liability case if the sanitation from the manufacturer was not proper.

I suggest your friend retain the hardware in a sealed container and have it inspected by a metallurgist.

Very truly yours,

Paul D. Friedman, M.A., Ph.D., J.D.
Dugall

Hardware Infection

Postby Ald » Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:18 am

I recently submitted a question regarding a friend Who had broke his leg and can't work And has zero income coming in. When he went in for a check up they discovered infection and was hospitalized for 2 weeks and is bed ridden for the next four months. The infection was a hardware infection. Now he is being told that he may lose his leg if this doesn't work. They removed a piece of muscle from the other leg to replace the infected meat.Could this be a result of malpractice.
Ald

Return to Medical Malpractice