Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Hadith

Defamation Law Discussion Forum

Hadith

Postby Justino » Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:38 am

can you tell me any hadith related to teasing a person with short-heightedness or dwarfism

ANSWER: yes there is a hadith in this regard but i am unable to trace it.

It is reported that 'Abdullah bin Mas'ood had thin, weak legs. Once, upon seeing his leg uncovered, some people laughed, whereupon the Prophet(peace be on him) said, Are you laughing at the frailty of his legs? By Him in Whose hand is my soul, in the scale of Allah they are weightier than Mount Uhud.(Reported by al-Tiyalisi and Ahmad.) [Quran 49:10-12] Verily, the Believers are brothers. Then set matters right between your brothers and be conscious of Allah in order that you may obtain mercy. O you who believe, let not some people mock at other people, for they may be better than themselves, nor(let) women(mock) at women who may be better than themselves. And do not slander yourselves, nor revile by(offensive) nicknames; evil is a name connoting wickedness after believing; and whoever does not turn away(from doing this), those are wrongdoers. O you who believe, avoid(indulging in) much suspicion; truly, some suspicion is a sin. And do not spy or backbite one another; would any of you like to eat the flesh of his dead brother? You would abhor that. And be conscious of Allah; indeed, Allah is Relenting, Merciful.

rg

ahmer

---------- FOLLOW-UP ----------

please if you can trace it out, i want to know a hadith regrding it ,i have heard that teasing a short-heighted is a sin please help me out.
Justino

Hadith

Postby Baothghalach » Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:35 pm

can you tell me any hadith related to teasing a person with short-heightedness or dwarfism

ANSWER: yes there is a hadith in this regard but i am unable to trace it.

It is reported that 'Abdullah bin Mas'ood had thin, weak legs. Once, upon seeing his leg uncovered, some people laughed, whereupon the Prophet(peace be on him) said, Are you laughing at the frailty of his legs? By Him in Whose hand is my soul, in the scale of Allah they are weightier than Mount Uhud.(Reported by al-Tiyalisi and Ahmad.) [Quran 49:10-12] Verily, the Believers are brothers. Then set matters right between your brothers and be conscious of Allah in order that you may obtain mercy. O you who believe, let not some people mock at other people, for they may be better than themselves, nor(let) women(mock) at women who may be better than themselves. And do not slander yourselves, nor revile by(offensive) nicknames; evil is a name connoting wickedness after believing; and whoever does not turn away(from doing this), those are wrongdoers. O you who believe, avoid(indulging in) much suspicion; truly, some suspicion is a sin. And do not spy or backbite one another; would any of you like to eat the flesh of his dead brother? You would abhor that. And be conscious of Allah; indeed, Allah is Relenting, Merciful.

rg

ahmer

---------- FOLLOW-UP ----------

please if you can trace it out, i want to know a hadith regrding it ,i have heard that teasing a short-heighted is a sin please help me out.
Baothghalach

Hadith

Postby Rolland » Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:39 pm

It is reported that 'Abdullah bin Mas'ood had thin, weak legs. Once, upon seeing his leg uncovered, some people laughed, whereupon the Prophet(peace be on him) said, Are you laughing at the frailty of his legs? By Him in Whose hand is my soul, in the scale of Allah they are weightier than Mount Uhud.(Reported by al-Tiyalisi and Ahmad.)

the above hadith also i have heard from a mufti. i cant find the book of Ahmad to trace it.

rg

ahmer
Rolland

Return to Defamation Law