Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Guidance To Coal Trade

The law of the sea.

Guidance To Coal Trade

Postby Kenneth » Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:52 pm

Dear Sir,

I bought your book due to my interest in doing intermediary trading. With regards to the matter at hand, I am approaching you for guidance and support as I am still having problem understanding the subject pertaining to this business.

I appeal to you to take me under your wings. I have been a Singapore state registered nurse of 26 years and a mother of 3 boys of whom 2 are handicapped, as with any handicapped children medical expanses are very high. For these reasons financially I’m in dire straits, I cannot live with the income that I earned as a staff nurse. We are in debt due to these reasons. Therefore, I need to be successful in this business.

To cut story short, I have contacts from my former patience and one of them is a co-owner of a coal company in Jakarta that has a land concession of coalmine in Kalimantan. I was thinking to approach him and hope you can be my principal and accept me as your S.I. Before that, I would like to ask your recommendation, among these 4 grades of coal GCV 5300, GCV 5500, GVC 5800 and GVC 6300 which one is the most in demand and what the minimum weight order is.

Sir, with due diligent, Singapore being biggest oil refinery in Asia, there are a lot of supplier wanting to sell and buy crude oil/petroleum products with them. Malaysia our neighbour is the major CPO producer. Thailand is major rice producer and both export sugar as well. With my enthusiasm, I will be an asset to your group. Thank you. Sincerely,

Mdm. Hanifa Nawab Din
Kenneth

Guidance To Coal Trade

Postby Sal » Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:29 am

Dear Hanifa I 'm sorry to hear about your plight- but this a mean and tough business that  cannot be effectively applied in the short term- it takes a long time to practice  to learn this business effectively, many don't make it in this business- All business application carry a risk factor- This business  is no different except set up cost are not relevant , in where  study, practice and knowledge is- and by the sound of it - you don't have that to spare either.

The doctrine advises what you must know and do - not what you think you should do.So many enter this business  following others - who have no idea what they are doing.

1/// 6300 GCV coal is the most sought after  but -  so many buyers are wanting to take delivery of such and because maximum loads are 40,0000 mt - It's nearly impossible to secure shipments.

'Land concession' is not supply of coal. He is looking for investor to start mining.

2/// Crude-  Are you speaking of the Tapis market - Tapis Crude oil has an API grade of 46  which means the refinery produces more of a higher quality of refined product and more of it - at higher prices. Again demand is high and experience must be apparent to deal in such products  -and getting an offer from such is nearly impossibe. We tend to keep away from such primary deals.

3/// Rice is goods - you could  get an offer for that - but them it's not going to be easy to find a buyer and - have you the experience to close the deal without long term practice.We have had such rice before which we could not buy, as you are aware - we could not find an end buyer as  seller for such goods- there is too much rice on offer internationally.

Refined Palm Oil on the other hand is in high demand.

4//Get me the  full details of 'coal concession' or operational mine supply . I need full details .Send it to to my e-mail, not to this open forum. I will take a look at what you have -You'll need the owner to give you written authority  that YOU may represent him to find investor or sell such coal if he has it -"for the year 2012"  If he has such coal the letter must state what quantities are available at FOB, Good Price USD, Anchorage  points and Name of authority giving inspection analysis as well as full contact of mine  and expert manager details- in the form of an quotation. Make sure the letter is addressed to you  as  an " agent acting for  FTN Exporting" Australia. If you can do this - I will give you some guidance- I can't do more.

Make sure you details are on the email as well to me. I don't want Rice - Do the same for other products you are able to source. You need to practice securing real supplier first  from owner of goods  and not other intermediaries. 5// Never state you will buy when seeking an offer or letter of authority  but rather you will consider to buy such goods via you principal  FTN exporting.(i will allow that much for one or a few product only then it stops) If you get supply then at least I can see if we can secure  a deal to buy which if apparent will take months.I will list  the goods for my agents  to ply 'On behalf of a disclosed principal" Tis application is rarely used- but if you know him directly , then he should act honourably by ensuring he will not circumvent you(FTN). Disclosing a supplier is very risky, but allows for an easier deal to prevail with end buyers. if he acts dishonourably , then at least it s worth the risk to " burn a supplier" - especially when starting out. There are plenty  of supplier out there - You(we)  can afford to burn this one only.This method will give you some great insight more quickly. This way you can still work and look after your family , while i will attempt to secure the buy deal in where you efforts is looked after by me in where your commission "if" secured will be paid by FTN without the need to worry about circumvention- I can do as much and no more. If a deal eventuates you will learn more , by this interaction only , as I do not have the time to take on others personally.

I get many requests for assistance very day.

We'll take it from there- No promises given. Get me the letter with an offer . You simply follow my directives .I am the buuer you are mu agent. The disclosed principal application is only attempted with me . On your own the main application of the doctrine applied(acting on behalf of the undisclosed principal)

See how you go. All the best. Regards

Davide Papa

[email protected]  
Sal

Guidance To Coal Trade

Postby Urbano » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:12 pm

Dear Sir,

I bought your book due to my interest in doing intermediary trading. With regards to the matter at hand, I am approaching you for guidance and support as I am still having problem understanding the subject pertaining to this business.

I appeal to you to take me under your wings. I have been a Singapore state registered nurse of 26 years and a mother of 3 boys of whom 2 are handicapped, as with any handicapped children medical expanses are very high. For these reasons financially I’m in dire straits, I cannot live with the income that I earned as a staff nurse. We are in debt due to these reasons. Therefore, I need to be successful in this business.

To cut story short, I have contacts from my former patience and one of them is a co-owner of a coal company in Jakarta that has a land concession of coalmine in Kalimantan. I was thinking to approach him and hope you can be my principal and accept me as your S.I. Before that, I would like to ask your recommendation, among these 4 grades of coal GCV 5300, GCV 5500, GVC 5800 and GVC 6300 which one is the most in demand and what the minimum weight order is.

Sir, with due diligent, Singapore being biggest oil refinery in Asia, there are a lot of supplier wanting to sell and buy crude oil/petroleum products with them. Malaysia our neighbour is the major CPO producer. Thailand is major rice producer and both export sugar as well. With my enthusiasm, I will be an asset to your group. Thank you. Sincerely,

Mdm. Hanifa Nawab Din
Urbano

Return to Maritime Law