Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Graw And Keysi Fighting

Criminal Law Discussion Forum

Graw And Keysi Fighting

Postby Thornly » Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:32 pm

Have you ever seen Graw, or Keysi fighting styles? I was wondering what you think of either one? Thanks.
Thornly

Graw And Keysi Fighting

Postby Daviel » Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:15 am

Have you ever seen Graw, or Keysi fighting styles? I was wondering what you think of either one? Thanks.
Daviel

Graw And Keysi Fighting

Postby Avryll » Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:45 pm

David,

I have heard of Keysi Fighting Techniques.  The Keysi Fighting Method(KFM) is a form of self-defense heavily based on street fighting techniques and natural instincts. KFM was founded by Justo Diéguez Serrano with the assistance of Andy Norman in the 1950s in the streets of Spain. In this fighting method, a wide range of attacks are practiced with or without the use of weapons. It is an art form that relies on the study of pure survival in street-fighting situations.  I know that there has been some sensationalism attributed to it since it was reported that the actor Christian Bale trained with it for the movie "Batman Begins." I think the "Graw" you are referring to is "Krav Maga."  Krav Maga is the official self defense system of the Israeli Defense Forces, and has been taught to hundreds of law enforcement agencies and thousands of civilians in the United States.  Krav Maga is a simple, effective self defense system that emphasizes instinctive movements, practical techniques, and realistic training scenarios.  Again, like KFM it is a combat oriented discipline. Krav Maga has been gaining a large following over the past ten years.  The Keysi Fighting Method is gaining traction and is starting to become well known.  In my opinion both are legitimate and powerful OFFENSIVE fighting systems.  If you have the opportunity to practice one or both I would encourage it.  In terms of Eastern MA they are quite different though and maybe not what you are looking for.  I am not sure why you are weighing the two systems so I will take a chance and chime in.  For study remember, the style that you choose is the best style.  A good practitioner of a "bad [read boring or traditional]" style will almost always defeat a mediocre practitioner of a "good [read trendy]" style.  Like anything else in the martial arts and every other aspect of this World you get out of it what you put into it.  In short, again, these are both great systems.  To nitpick over techniques, etc. could be construed as counterproductive IMHO.

There are plenty of sites on the Internet offering information.  There are also some "hucksters" as usual.  Use common sense and remember the Latin admonishment "caveat emptor" or "let the buyer beware." Jeffrey Hauck, JD, CPO, CII, LPD  
Avryll

Return to Criminal Law