Not logged in? Join one of the bigest Law Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Research Law Professors Before Choosing Law Schools

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Got a speeding ticket while on probation. What to do?

Been involved in a traffic accident? Discuss traffic laws here

Postby piaras91 » Wed May 16, 2012 12:52 pm

Hello,

I got a speeding ticket 4 months ago for which I took a driving course. But before I completed the driving course online for the first one I got another speeding ticket for going at 42 on a 30mph road. For the second one I approached a lawyer and was told that I can do another driving course for the second one but will have to be on probation for a month. I now completed driving course twice. My first ticket was taken off my record and now I'm on probation for a month for the second. Last night I got another speeding ticket on an empty road for going at 43 on a 30mph road. Now, I'm scared if my license would be suspended or what happens? I'm not sure about the consequences. Someone please give me some information. Also, please let me know what I can do to get out of this without having my license suspended.

Thank you,
piaras91

Postby joachim » Wed May 16, 2012 1:03 pm

Hello,

I got a speeding ticket 4 months ago for which I took a driving course. But before I completed the driving course online for the first one I got another speeding ticket for going at 42 on a 30mph road. For the second one I approached a lawyer and was told that I can do another driving course for the second one but will have to be on probation for a month. I now completed driving course twice. My first ticket was taken off my record and now I'm on probation for a month for the second. Last night I got another speeding ticket on an empty road for going at 43 on a 30mph road. Now, I'm scared if my license would be suspended or what happens? I'm not sure about the consequences. Someone please give me some information. Also, please let me know what I can do to get out of this without having my license suspended.

Thank you,
sounds like you need to learn how to drive the speed limit
joachim

Postby darrell » Wed May 16, 2012 1:09 pm

Have you thought about slowing down or buying cruise control?
darrell

Postby chatima » Wed May 16, 2012 1:11 pm

Spend the money on the lawyer and get it changed to something the state won`t find out. Using private property to disobey traffic device or seat belt ticket.
chatima

Postby larry » Wed May 16, 2012 1:20 pm

Perhaps you should consider slowing down?

Live long and prosper.
larry

Postby porter » Wed May 16, 2012 1:22 pm

You should use your head if ur on probation why would u speed an risk getting caught.. by getting in trouble with the law while on probation could possibly land your self in jail for a couple days or till your court hearing.
porter

Return to Traffic Law