Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Gold Ring Trademarks

Patents & Trademarks Discussion Forum

Gold Ring Trademarks

Postby Ellswerth » Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:31 pm

Hello. Is there a resource that can help me decipher the manufacturer's registered trademark inside my ring? After 14K, it is stamped "D" followed by something looking like an upside down "A." Thanks in advance!
Ellswerth

Gold Ring Trademarks

Postby Braden » Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:28 pm

Hello. Is there a resource that can help me decipher the manufacturer's registered trademark inside my ring? After 14K, it is stamped "D" followed by something looking like an upside down "A." Thanks in advance!
Braden

Gold Ring Trademarks

Postby Alfred » Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:46 am

G'day Kimia and many thanks for your query.

The problem with hallmarks(and Maker's Marks in particular) is that there is NO central WORLD registry, so anyone - anywhere - can make and stamped their jewelry without having it recorded.

In the UK and several other countries(including the States) there is a very good registration system in place, but the marks you described are certainly not part of those systems.

As you didn't say where you live - or where you purchased the ring, I am going to assume the USA?

The 14K mark is standard for America BUT it is also standard for much of South Easy Asia(Hong Kong, Thailand etc) where most jewelry is manufactured today.

The other marks could simply be a Store name or design ID.

Sorry I can't help any more than that.

You might like to browse the 20th Century Jewelry website at: http://jewellery-antiques.com/ where there is a ton of info or even check eBay or the Antique Jewelry Fair from time to time.

If you find out, please let us know through my blog so I can pass on the data to others with a similar problem.

It is at: http://online-jewelry-appraisals.com/

Hope this helps.
Alfred

Return to Patents & Trademarks