Welcome to Law-Forums.org!   

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Giving An Affidavit Of Assets To Ins Co.??

Discussions relating to Personal Injury Law

Postby Yuuto » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:50 am

I was in a car accident 2 yrs ago in Clearwater FL In Pinellas County. I got the ticket even though I felt it was wrong. I turned left at a stop sign but I stopped at the stop sign before the other woman did. I got the ticket because I turned left and she was going straight, regardless to that legally I got the ticket and did not feel like fighting it. Everyone was fine and it was very minor(I was even able to drive my car away). The woman was fine at the time of accident. Well, she decided to take legal action and claimed she was hurt. She has been going to dr's appts for 2 yrs racking up $10,000 in Dr's fees. She wants the money and before My insurance company(Infiniti Ins) cuts her a check they want an affidavit showing all of my assets and income to show her laywyer!! I don't know what to do it!! I am a single Mom who is head of houshold, I have no assets and barely much money. Why do they want that info? Do I give it to them? I can't afford a lawyer!! I don't trust my Ins company even though they are supposed to be there to protect me!! I am so scared that they are going to try to sue me for more and try and garnish my wages. I have been told that that sometimes happens. I was also told a couple of years ago that I can't have my wages garnished because I am a single Mom head of houshold, is that true?? Also, does your ins company give you one of their lawyers if you get sued you or do they just cut the check to the other person and then scram? My adjuster says they will protect me but I wasn't sure what she meant. Please help! Thank you so much for taking the time and reading this. Sincerely, Kelly
Yuuto

Postby MacFarlane » Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:58 am

Give them the declaration of assets they want. The chances are 1000 to one they would sue someone with your low income...they are looking for people with a lot of money!!

Your insurance company cannot just fail to defend you. They have an abligation to get a release of the entire case against you before they pay the injured party anything. But the injured party will not settle till they see that you have no other insurance and no significant assets. I would give them the declaration.

Good Luck,

Ed Smith
MacFarlane

Postby Amiti » Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:09 am

I was in a car accident 2 yrs ago in Clearwater FL In Pinellas County. I got the ticket even though I felt it was wrong. I turned left at a stop sign but I stopped at the stop sign before the other woman did. I got the ticket because I turned left and she was going straight, regardless to that legally I got the ticket and did not feel like fighting it. Everyone was fine and it was very minor(I was even able to drive my car away). The woman was fine at the time of accident. Well, she decided to take legal action and claimed she was hurt. She has been going to dr's appts for 2 yrs racking up $10,000 in Dr's fees. She wants the money and before My insurance company(Infiniti Ins) cuts her a check they want an affidavit showing all of my assets and income to show her laywyer!! I don't know what to do it!! I am a single Mom who is head of houshold, I have no assets and barely much money. Why do they want that info? Do I give it to them? I can't afford a lawyer!! I don't trust my Ins company even though they are supposed to be there to protect me!! I am so scared that they are going to try to sue me for more and try and garnish my wages. I have been told that that sometimes happens. I was also told a couple of years ago that I can't have my wages garnished because I am a single Mom head of houshold, is that true?? Also, does your ins company give you one of their lawyers if you get sued you or do they just cut the check to the other person and then scram? My adjuster says they will protect me but I wasn't sure what she meant. Please help! Thank you so much for taking the time and reading this. Sincerely, Kelly
Amiti

Return to Personal Injury Law