Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Gas Station Injury

Discussions relating to Personal Injury Law

Gas Station Injury

Postby Meldrick » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:43 pm

My son entered the restroom at Speedway gas station in Indiana and upon entering and shutting the door the ceiling tiles, metal vent, and plywood fell on my 12 yr olds son head and knocked him down. he was taken to the er and had a bruised head, sprained neck, and pulled muscles and continues to have headaches. Do we have a case against the gas station?
Meldrick

Gas Station Injury

Postby Corcurachan » Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:03 am

Mandy,

I am sorry to hear of your son’s injuries and the ordeal he and you and he have undergone. I hope he receives all the medical care he needs and has a full and fast recovery.

Since this incident happened in Indiana, the laws of Indiana will apply. I practice law in New York and am not an expert on Indiana law. Nonetheless, I can share some general information that may help you. Based on what you described, you do have a case to seek compensation for your son’s injuries from the Speedway. Absent any warnings, you and our son had a reasonable expectation to find a safe bathroom at the Speedway. Bathroom ceilings do not fall as an act of God; they fall due to negligent design or maintenance. From your description, you would have strong grounds to hold the property owner liable for your son’s injuries. It would help your case if you had any of the following:

•   Evidence that the owner or someone on staff knew of the dangerous condition in the bathroom

•   Evidence that the owner or staff had received complaints about the bathroom ceiling and its condition

•   The names and contact information for independent witnesses who saw what happened to your son.

•   Photographs of the damage

•   Copy of an incident report filed with the Speedway

•   Copy of a police report if police were called to the scene of the accident

The amount of compensation would vary depending on awards for similar cases in the area. The more serious the injury, the more permanent its effects and the longer and the more invasive(e.g. surgery) the treatment, the more the compensation. You may also qualify for compensation for any school or other activities that this incident caused your son to miss. You may possibly qualify for compensation for any missed work or other expenses that the injury to your son imposed upon you.

You should speak with an experienced local Indiana personal injury attorney about your case. That consultation should be free. If you need assistance in finding a local attorney, feel free to call or email me(1-800-660-1466 or [email protected]) and I will be glad to assist you.

I hope you have found this information helpful.  

Carol L. Schlitt New York Personal Injury Attorney

www.SchlittLaw.comhttp://nylawthoughts.com 1-800-660-1466

[email protected]

This material is intended for informational uses only. It is not meant as legal advice. To receive legal advice, you should consult an attorney.
Corcurachan

Gas Station Injury

Postby Jehu » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:23 am

My son entered the restroom at Speedway gas station in Indiana and upon entering and shutting the door the ceiling tiles, metal vent, and plywood fell on my 12 yr olds son head and knocked him down. he was taken to the er and had a bruised head, sprained neck, and pulled muscles and continues to have headaches. Do we have a case against the gas station?
Jehu

Return to Personal Injury Law