Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Gas Problem Troy Bilt Cultivator

The law of the sea.

Postby Donatus » Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:04 am

troy bilt 4 cycle gasoline cultivator/edger. Eng: 841-010339   SN:E404Y35000786.  The engine will start and idle but when you give it the throttle it will run for a few seconds(10 to 30 seconds)and then it will putter out unless you let go of the throttle and it will begin idleing again.  I have 2 gas lines one for bringing fuel from the tank and the other a return to the tank.  These hoses are clear so you can see the fuel move thru them.  What I see is fuel and air bubbles or foam moving thru the line when an inch or so of bubbles accumulate they hit the carb and it sputters or dies.  I can see bubbles or foam in the clear gas tank.  I have drained the gas out and added new gas that I purchased just the other day.  any Idea why?  Thank You Kurt

e
Donatus

Postby Baudric » Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:35 pm

Are you sure this is a 4 cycle?  Do you mix gas and oil with the engine.... It sounds like you have a fuel problem.  How old is the unit?  The rubber gaskets in your carb may need to be changed or a carb replacement sounds like it may be in order.  The rubber gaskets also act as a fuel pump.
Baudric

Postby Gallagher » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:47 am

troy bilt 4 cycle gasoline cultivator/edger. Eng: 841-010339   SN:E404Y35000786.  The engine will start and idle but when you give it the throttle it will run for a few seconds(10 to 30 seconds)and then it will putter out unless you let go of the throttle and it will begin idleing again.  I have 2 gas lines one for bringing fuel from the tank and the other a return to the tank.  These hoses are clear so you can see the fuel move thru them.  What I see is fuel and air bubbles or foam moving thru the line when an inch or so of bubbles accumulate they hit the carb and it sputters or dies.  I can see bubbles or foam in the clear gas tank.  I have drained the gas out and added new gas that I purchased just the other day.  any Idea why?  Thank You Kurt

e
Gallagher

Return to Maritime Law