Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Garage Liability

Workers Compensation Law Discussion

Garage Liability

Postby Gustave » Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:08 pm

I'm trying to insure someone that is contracted as a mobile mechanic to do repairs for vehicles. He is contracted by company that owns tractor, big rigs and so on. He work on company premises, not his own shop. Is garage liability the correct coverage? If so will garage liability cover the insureds commercial vehicle for liability? Will it cover if insured is test driving customers vehicle?
Gustave

Garage Liability

Postby Carmichael » Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:34 am

Juan;

Garage Liability is the correct coverage but if I were you I'd double and triple check with the underwriter that it will cover his off premise operations, which is essentially his entire operation. Garage Liability will cover the insured doing test drives and coverage for owned vehicles can be included. I wish I could give you a more definitive answer but in my state, garage operations are ONLY licensed for one physical address, period. If that building burns down, they can't move down the road and operate as a garage because they're not licensed for that address and I've never personally come across a mobile mechanic but know there are plenty out there so there has to be a way to cover the exposure and I'm sure the underwriters with what ever carriers you're looking at will be able to help you. Sorry I couldn't be more help!! Good luck.

Kristen
Carmichael

Return to Workers Compensation