Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Garage Liability Insurance

Workers Compensation Law Discussion

Postby Rhioganedd » Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:06 am

WILL GARAGE KEEPERS LIABILITY COVER AN EMPLOYEE OF THE GARAGE WHEN THE EMPLOYEE PICKS A VEHICLE UP FOR REPAIRS AND HAS AN ACCIDENT ON HIS OR HER WAY BACK TO THE REPAIR FACILITY ? IN ADDITION WHAT HAPPENS IF SOMEONE IS KILLED IN THE ACCIDENT ?
Rhioganedd

Postby Balgaire » Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:46 pm

WILL GARAGE KEEPERS LIABILITY COVER AN EMPLOYEE OF THE GARAGE WHEN THE EMPLOYEE PICKS A VEHICLE UP FOR REPAIRS AND HAS AN ACCIDENT ON HIS OR HER WAY BACK TO THE REPAIR FACILITY ? IN ADDITION WHAT HAPPENS IF SOMEONE IS KILLED IN THE ACCIDENT ?
Balgaire

Postby Mungo » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:42 pm

Tim,

Sounds like you know something about insurance, so my answer will be worded accordingly.  If you are unfamiliar with how insurance operates, some of this may not sound familiar.  Let me know if you are not involved in the insurance industry.

"Garagekeepers Policy" covers physical damage only(comprehensive & collision) to customer's cars.  It does not provide any bodily injury or property damage liability coverage at all.  

A 'Garage Liability' policy provides bodily injury and property damage liability coverage for both garage operations(Similar to a CGL policy) and auto exposures usual to a garage or auto dealer operation.  Think of it as sort of a combination CGL/Auto policy.

>"WILL GARAGE KEEPERS LIABILITY COVER AN EMPLOYEE..."

Employees are covered while acting within the scope of their duties as defined by the Garage Liability policy.

Need more info?  Just let me know, there is a lot one needs to know about properly covering an auto service exposure.  Especially since many carriers are using a CGL form with garage coverages now instead of the traditional 'Garage Liability' policy form.

James Berliner  
Mungo

Return to Workers Compensation