Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Fraud Conversion Theft By Deception

Criminal Law Discussion Forum

Postby Kippar » Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:01 pm

Please help me!  I bought a vehicle from McCord Motors approx. 3 weeks ago.  It took me a month to save up $1100.00 down payment for my first vehicle ever.  My first car lot that I went to was McCord Motors I found a vehicle that I wanted to purchase and applied for credit.  Tiffany McCord(Owner) submitted my application, congratulated my approval from Westlake Financial Services, accepted my $1100.00 down payment, completed all of my paperwork, and I was happily on my way--I THOUGHT!  One week later, I received a phone call from "Heather" stating she worked at McCord Motors and needed me to bring in an additional proof of address to complete my file with the finance company. Easy enough... On my way in to work I stopped at the car lot thinking I just needed to drop this off and I would be on my way...  This is when I am informed that the finance company has cancelled their approval for my car loan and that I have no choice but to give up my keys.  After pleading with them for an explanation and begging for my down payment back "Heather" informs me that Tiffany stated(over the phone) she will be in at 1000 in the morning to resubmit my credit application or give me my money back.  Of course, when I showed up to the car lot promptly at 1000 the next morning the lot was closed with a sign stating they would reopen at 2:00pm.  When I returned to the car lot she stated that she resubmitted the application and I needed another $750.00 in order to get my car back!!  I told her that I could not come up with that kind of money and that I would just like my money back. She told me no, I had her car for a week and to leave the property before she called the police.  I was outraged, how can she get a way with this?  I immediately called my attorney who informed me that what she did was fraud and that he has attempted to get this same person(meaning Tiffany McCord) three different times but do to her expert skills of avoiding process servers no one can get her in court-- the only place to defend ourselves.  After more researching her on case.net, I seen several civil suits for BREECH OF CONTRACT each dropped do to "UNABLE TO SERVE DEFENDANT".  HERE"S THE BEST PART....Today, I come home and in my mail box is a letter from  Westlake financial services reminding me of my car payment due on August 15!!  I immediately pick up the phone to call them.  I'm informed by a customer service rep that my car loan was approved and that they had no idea that the vehicle had been repossessed and no record of any denial or cancellation of my loan or any increase in down payment requirements.  They confirmed the same information on my signed contracts was what was reported to them by the car dealer.  They placed a phone call to Tiffany while I was placed on hold, and then informed me that she denied what I had told them and stated that my car was not given to me because I still owe $700 of my down payment.  OF COURSE THIS IS A LIE.  They apologized for my inconvenience and stated that my account would be investigated, however, there is nothing they can do to get my down payment back.  I would like to know how she could just say this with out any thing to back it up and plenty of proof that she has lied and stole my money!!! Where is the promissory note or contract discussing these payment arrangements? PLEASE HELP ME! SHE NEEDS TO PAY FOR WHAT SHE HAS DONE TO ME AND EVERY OTHER UNSUSPECTING VICTIM OF HER SHADY CAR LOT SCAMS!!!  I don't want to be the next person in line at court unable to get justice. Thanks for your time.  I have been communicating with the COO of the finance company in related to my contract with them, at this point the matter is being handled in third legal department and in his opinion the dealer has committed conversion, theft by deception, used unlawful repossession tactics, and that clearly her intention was to fraud me from the beginning.  He even called the Captain at our local police department to confirm that my problem is indeed a criminal matter, not a civil matter. I am the rightful owner of the vehicle and they are the lien holders-- she has NO legal rights to the already paid for vehicle sitting on her lot!! However, as bad as the police dept would like to pursue this they have already been told by the prosecutor that this is civil! But how is it civil?  Based on her reputation and several past civil suits it is very clear to me that the very day I purchased the vehicle from Tiffany McCord she knew she was scamming me.  One police officer even stated that he has dealt with her before and that she keeps getting away with it because she knows it will be treated like a civil matter, and that we will never see her in civil court either(Public records state that all past civil suits against her have been dismissed do to failure to serve defendant).  I want her to be prosecuted to the fullest for every crime she has committed and I want my car back that she is illegally holding from me.  At this point I have decided to take the law into my own hands and build my own case against her.  I really need any and all advice I can get.  I already have contacted any authority governing dealer fraud but it could be months before they get to my case and being that my payment is still due every month and that unless paid as agreed initially my credit is being effected monthly-- I CAN"T WAIT ON THEM TO HELP ME!  
Kippar

Postby Shet » Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:04 pm

Please help me!  I bought a vehicle from McCord Motors approx. 3 weeks ago.  It took me a month to save up $1100.00 down payment for my first vehicle ever.  My first car lot that I went to was McCord Motors I found a vehicle that I wanted to purchase and applied for credit.  Tiffany McCord(Owner) submitted my application, congratulated my approval from Westlake Financial Services, accepted my $1100.00 down payment, completed all of my paperwork, and I was happily on my way--I THOUGHT!  One week later, I received a phone call from "Heather" stating she worked at McCord Motors and needed me to bring in an additional proof of address to complete my file with the finance company. Easy enough... On my way in to work I stopped at the car lot thinking I just needed to drop this off and I would be on my way...  This is when I am informed that the finance company has cancelled their approval for my car loan and that I have no choice but to give up my keys.  After pleading with them for an explanation and begging for my down payment back "Heather" informs me that Tiffany stated(over the phone) she will be in at 1000 in the morning to resubmit my credit application or give me my money back.  Of course, when I showed up to the car lot promptly at 1000 the next morning the lot was closed with a sign stating they would reopen at 2:00pm.  When I returned to the car lot she stated that she resubmitted the application and I needed another $750.00 in order to get my car back!!  I told her that I could not come up with that kind of money and that I would just like my money back. She told me no, I had her car for a week and to leave the property before she called the police.  I was outraged, how can she get a way with this?  I immediately called my attorney who informed me that what she did was fraud and that he has attempted to get this same person(meaning Tiffany McCord) three different times but do to her expert skills of avoiding process servers no one can get her in court-- the only place to defend ourselves.  After more researching her on case.net, I seen several civil suits for BREECH OF CONTRACT each dropped do to "UNABLE TO SERVE DEFENDANT".  HERE"S THE BEST PART....Today, I come home and in my mail box is a letter from  Westlake financial services reminding me of my car payment due on August 15!!  I immediately pick up the phone to call them.  I'm informed by a customer service rep that my car loan was approved and that they had no idea that the vehicle had been repossessed and no record of any denial or cancellation of my loan or any increase in down payment requirements.  They confirmed the same information on my signed contracts was what was reported to them by the car dealer.  They placed a phone call to Tiffany while I was placed on hold, and then informed me that she denied what I had told them and stated that my car was not given to me because I still owe $700 of my down payment.  OF COURSE THIS IS A LIE.  They apologized for my inconvenience and stated that my account would be investigated, however, there is nothing they can do to get my down payment back.  I would like to know how she could just say this with out any thing to back it up and plenty of proof that she has lied and stole my money!!! Where is the promissory note or contract discussing these payment arrangements? PLEASE HELP ME! SHE NEEDS TO PAY FOR WHAT SHE HAS DONE TO ME AND EVERY OTHER UNSUSPECTING VICTIM OF HER SHADY CAR LOT SCAMS!!!  I don't want to be the next person in line at court unable to get justice. Thanks for your time.  I have been communicating with the COO of the finance company in related to my contract with them, at this point the matter is being handled in third legal department and in his opinion the dealer has committed conversion, theft by deception, used unlawful repossession tactics, and that clearly her intention was to fraud me from the beginning.  He even called the Captain at our local police department to confirm that my problem is indeed a criminal matter, not a civil matter. I am the rightful owner of the vehicle and they are the lien holders-- she has NO legal rights to the already paid for vehicle sitting on her lot!! However, as bad as the police dept would like to pursue this they have already been told by the prosecutor that this is civil! But how is it civil?  Based on her reputation and several past civil suits it is very clear to me that the very day I purchased the vehicle from Tiffany McCord she knew she was scamming me.  One police officer even stated that he has dealt with her before and that she keeps getting away with it because she knows it will be treated like a civil matter, and that we will never see her in civil court either(Public records state that all past civil suits against her have been dismissed do to failure to serve defendant).  I want her to be prosecuted to the fullest for every crime she has committed and I want my car back that she is illegally holding from me.  At this point I have decided to take the law into my own hands and build my own case against her.  I really need any and all advice I can get.  I already have contacted any authority governing dealer fraud but it could be months before they get to my case and being that my payment is still due every month and that unless paid as agreed initially my credit is being effected monthly-- I CAN"T WAIT ON THEM TO HELP ME!  
Shet

Postby Comhghall » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:19 pm

If the police department has told you that this is a civil matter then you will have to pursue this case civily by suing the used car company.  I am not an attorney and not in a position to give you legal advice on how to go about suing someone.  You are either going to have to get help from an advocacy group or from the officer that you talked to in your town.
Comhghall

Return to Criminal Law