Not logged in? Join one of the bigest Law Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Tips for Achieving an Amicable Divorce

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Forgot to report speeding ticket?

Been involved in a traffic accident? Discuss traffic laws here

Postby atworth49 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:48 am

I was caught speeding a week ago. I was not given any fine but needed to call the district court within 10 days. Looks like I am going beyond 10 days since they close over the weekend. Is it 10 working days or 10 days? and what happens if you forget and if late fees are applied how much? I was speeding at 46 when the limit was 30..
atworth49

Postby ryscford » Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:53 am

Better call them up and get it taken care of right away. You may have had a warrant put out on you.
ryscford

Postby darrick34 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:56 am

What you need to do is appear in court, not call the court

You will have your license suspended, you will have a bench warrant issued for your arrest

Your fine will double

How do you forget a ticket anyway?

I suggest you be there Monday before they pick you up and throw you in jail
darrick34

Postby arvad » Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:59 am

If you call the district court on Monday and explain...you might be able to get away with no extra fines and no warrants. I had this happen to me once with a parking ticket, and just had to pay the fine in full when I called in. My penalty was that they wouldn't allow payment arrangements. But who knows? It all depends on the person taking the call.

I don't think you'd get put in jail right away. Monday morning, they'd just be getting the list of offenders who didn't pay on Friday and POSSIBLY issuing bench warrants, if you call FIRST THING Monday morning right when they open, you can probably get it squared away!
arvad

Return to Traffic Law