Welcome to Law-Forums.org!   

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Food Danger

Been the victim of Medical Malpractice or fighting a malpractice suit? Discuss it here.

Food Danger

Postby Simson » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:19 am

Yesterday, I purchased onion rings at a supermarket deli and when I late bit into them, I pulled out a small tack-like nail out of my mouth.

ANSWER: And your question is? Is it, "Am I entitled to compensation?"
Simson

Food Danger

Postby Bakari » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:36 am

Yesterday, I purchased onion rings at a supermarket deli and when I late bit into them, I pulled out a small tack-like nail out of my mouth.

ANSWER: And your question is? Is it, "Am I entitled to compensation?"
Bakari

Food Danger

Postby Donel » Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:19 pm

What is the definition of an "injury"? Well, because this was not a mouse head or something gross like that, you can't expect compensation for the emotional distress. So, an "injury" means a broken tooth, a cut in your mouth, a perforated intestine from swallowing the tack, etc. I presume you have none of that fortunately. And what proof must be offered? Anything to support your claim that you found the tack in the onion ring. I presume this happened at home. If you were the store owner or manufacturer of the onion rings, what kind of proof would you want to convince you that this wasn't all just some fraud by someone wanting to make some money. You would ideally want to see the onion ring itself with the foreign item imbedded in it and clearly showing that it got in there during the manufacturing process. Maybe one or more witnesses to you chewing on the ring and pulling out a tack. There is no point to further discussion unless you were physically injured. If it were me, as a good citizen I would contact the manufacturer and tell them what you found. They always have a tel number on the package. They will ask you to send in the tack so that they can try to figure out what happened and prevent it from happening again. You will get a coupon for more of their products. That is what I would do.
Donel

Food Danger

Postby Breandan » Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:57 am

: Not unless you were injured by it and can prove that you are not making up the story.

---------- FOLLOW-UP ----------

I saved the receipt, the tack and what was left. What is the definition of injury?

What proof must be offered?

Could someone investigate the place and spot proof? How would this be done?

Thanks.
Breandan

Return to Medical Malpractice