Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Folding Canvas Bed

Patents & Trademarks Discussion Forum

Folding Canvas Bed

Postby Eanraig » Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:42 am

Thanks for your reply I have been a while answering because a family bereavement. However back on line now and I have the folding bed in my posession, unlike before. It is a 'Cabinetta' Folding Bed and I think it is late Victorian, late 19th centuary. It has a rectangular top with moulded edge above 8 pairs of extending X-shaped legs covered in canves. The front extends to form a moulded foot board centred by a boss. I have taken pictures and can send them if this additional information is not enough. The bed is in excellent(immaculate) condition, I had the outer surfaces of the top and front professionally re-polished. The canvas is not worn or stained only dusty due to age. The full 'Cabinetta' trademark insignia with the letters W&S and picturing 3 whales blowing water can be seen under the hinged top. Reg Nos 671701/3.68?827 is also shown. I bought the bed because it is both unusual and practical. It can still function as a very comfortable occasional bed. I have no idea of its value,I would like to know this and anything else that can be found. Many thanks and appologies once again for the delay.

------------------------- Followup To - I have just purchased a folding bed. I hope you can tell me more about beds of this type. The period looks to be about 1940-1950(my guess). The bed is single size with a camp bed style suspended canvas base with integral sprung cross straps. There are wooden cross over legs down each side which concertina in when the bed is folded. The height when open is approx 18 inches and the canvas base and legs fold, when closed, into a sturdy bench seat about 20 inches high, 12 inches deep and approx 3ft wide. The seat has a polished top and front panel that hook into place(there is a small storage space behind the front panel when folded). The legs and pannels are made from oak. The whole thing is original and in excellent condition.

I hope you can help.
Eanraig

Folding Canvas Bed

Postby Beaven » Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:48 pm

- Alex - If you can send me some photos of the bed I will be happy to do some research. Send photos as .jpg files to me at [email protected] Thanks. Fred Taylor
Beaven

Folding Canvas Bed

Postby Hayes » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:52 am

Thanks for your reply I have been a while answering because a family bereavement. However back on line now and I have the folding bed in my posession, unlike before. It is a 'Cabinetta' Folding Bed and I think it is late Victorian, late 19th centuary. It has a rectangular top with moulded edge above 8 pairs of extending X-shaped legs covered in canves. The front extends to form a moulded foot board centred by a boss. I have taken pictures and can send them if this additional information is not enough. The bed is in excellent(immaculate) condition, I had the outer surfaces of the top and front professionally re-polished. The canvas is not worn or stained only dusty due to age. The full 'Cabinetta' trademark insignia with the letters W&S and picturing 3 whales blowing water can be seen under the hinged top. Reg Nos 671701/3.68?827 is also shown. I bought the bed because it is both unusual and practical. It can still function as a very comfortable occasional bed. I have no idea of its value,I would like to know this and anything else that can be found. Many thanks and appologies once again for the delay.

------------------------- Followup To - I have just purchased a folding bed. I hope you can tell me more about beds of this type. The period looks to be about 1940-1950(my guess). The bed is single size with a camp bed style suspended canvas base with integral sprung cross straps. There are wooden cross over legs down each side which concertina in when the bed is folded. The height when open is approx 18 inches and the canvas base and legs fold, when closed, into a sturdy bench seat about 20 inches high, 12 inches deep and approx 3ft wide. The seat has a polished top and front panel that hook into place(there is a small storage space behind the front panel when folded). The legs and pannels are made from oak. The whole thing is original and in excellent condition.

I hope you can help.
Hayes

Folding Canvas Bed

Postby Nixon » Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:00 am

I will be happy to look at photos of the bed. However, the fact that it has "reg" numbers instead of patent numbers probably means the bed is English or Canadian and I have very little reference material on either. I may be able to date it for you by the style. Send photos as .jpg files to me at [email protected] Thanks. Fred Taylor
Nixon

Return to Patents & Trademarks