Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Felony Expungement

Discussions relating to Drug Laws

Felony Expungement

Postby Marc » Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:44 am

My 25-year-old daughter has a felony record in Texas(drug possession) which occurred when she was 17.  She successfully completed prison time and parole and has had no further legal problems of any kind. Now she is having difficulty finding a job when she truthfully reports this on job applications.  Is there any means to expunge this or get a pardon?  Thanks so much for your help!
Marc

Felony Expungement

Postby Fingall » Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:09 am

Hi Candy,

Well, in Texas, the only way a criminal record may be expunged is upon a successful pardon by the governor.  If that pardon is granted, you may apply to the court in which your daughter was convicted for the expungement.

From my brief research, it seems that Texas will not pardon felonies, or it seems any type of felony drug offense.  I may be wrong, but i've attached the TX pardon statute.http://www.sentencingproject.org/pdfs/rights-restoration/Texas.pdf

Good Luck
Fingall

Felony Expungement

Postby Bronsonn » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:13 am

My 25-year-old daughter has a felony record in Texas(drug possession) which occurred when she was 17.  She successfully completed prison time and parole and has had no further legal problems of any kind. Now she is having difficulty finding a job when she truthfully reports this on job applications.  Is there any means to expunge this or get a pardon?  Thanks so much for your help!
Bronsonn

Return to Drug Laws