Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Fbi Swat Team

Been involved in a traffic accident? Discuss traffic laws here

Fbi Swat Team

Postby Delwyn » Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:13 pm

Hello Sir, I'm 22 a sophmore in college. Majoring in Criminal Justice and minoring in Health & Fitness Management. My goal is to work for the FBI Swat Team one day. Also, is there a difference between the Police Swat and FBI Swat Team? I understand that military background helps to get in that kind of work.. and so I'm strongly considering the ROTC next sem.(Jan.) then after college going in the United States Air Force. In there I'm wanting to work as SWAT in the Air Force.. I thought maby that doing that would better my chances then doing cammndos or anything special forces, for when I get out of the Air Force I will be able to get in FBI Swat. Is the Special Forces the only way to do SWAT afterwards if you go through military first? Or is even being a Navy Seal the way to go? I'll do whatever it takes! I'm in great shape, bodybuilder, not the best in math but all the rest with subjects doing good. If Air Force Swat is not the way to go, what are the steps I need to take in order to work in the FBI Swat?          Thank you for your time,                     Shane
Delwyn

Fbi Swat Team

Postby Darrie » Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:45 am

Hello Sir, I'm 22 a sophmore in college. Majoring in Criminal Justice and minoring in Health & Fitness Management. My goal is to work for the FBI Swat Team one day. Also, is there a difference between the Police Swat and FBI Swat Team? I understand that military background helps to get in that kind of work.. and so I'm strongly considering the ROTC next sem.(Jan.) then after college going in the United States Air Force. In there I'm wanting to work as SWAT in the Air Force.. I thought maby that doing that would better my chances then doing cammndos or anything special forces, for when I get out of the Air Force I will be able to get in FBI Swat. Is the Special Forces the only way to do SWAT afterwards if you go through military first? Or is even being a Navy Seal the way to go? I'll do whatever it takes! I'm in great shape, bodybuilder, not the best in math but all the rest with subjects doing good. If Air Force Swat is not the way to go, what are the steps I need to take in order to work in the FBI Swat?          Thank you for your time,                     Shane
Darrie

Fbi Swat Team

Postby Lowell » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:11 pm

Mr. Smith,

Thanks for the question.

I am not sure I have ever known anyone to get hired in directly into a SWAT position. Usually you have to work 2-5 years in a position before becoming eligible to try out for SWAT.

Military experience is certainly a plus when talking about SWAT training, that can only help you.

Is there a difference between police SWAT and FBI SWAT? I have never really sat down and compared the two, but I would imagine the comparisons are there, however the FBI SWAT would tend to be more national in scope or used by assistance, where the police SWAT would tend to be more locally used. Both can have top notch training. The FBI SWAT is recognized as one of the best SWAT teams in the world.

Most SWAT teams are not full-time. Some are, but most are not. My recommendation to you is stay in college, complete your degree, and then go into the military for the experience and training. Once you complete your service requirement or are near the end of your service start applying for the FBI or other law enforcement agencies.

Hope this helped out.

Good luck and best wishes!
Lowell

Return to Traffic Law