Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Favoritism

Discuss Labor Laws

Favoritism

Postby Georgios » Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:30 am

When I was laid off recently, I signed an agreement not to sue the company for any reasons as part of my severence pay.  Can I still report the company for favoritism with the proof I have without partaking in the direct, not indirect, procedures seeing this violates federal labor laws?
Georgios

Favoritism

Postby Nels » Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:39 am

When I was laid off recently, I signed an agreement not to sue the company for any reasons as part of my severence pay.  Can I still report the company for favoritism with the proof I have without partaking in the direct, not indirect, procedures seeing this violates federal labor laws?
Nels

Favoritism

Postby Walbrydge » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:51 am

Hi, Lou. You can always report your company on a any wrongful conduct. The problem is to whom? The release is a big deal, and unless signed under duress, it extinguishes all the claims mentioned in the release, so you don't really have any legal rights against the company at this point, unless you encourage another employee to bring a similar action for those violations - someone who hasn't signed such a release. Thanks, Arkady http://www.arkadylaw.com
Walbrydge

Return to Labor Laws