Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Father's Rights And Custody

Been involved in a traffic accident? Discuss traffic laws here

Postby Ayize » Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:04 am

My wife left myself and my three little boys.  She is a teacher who had an inappropriate cell phone/texting relationship with an 8th grade boy.  We are talking over 3,000 texts messags in a 20 day period.  And that is just on the new cell phone she purchased.  I'm 90% sure it was not sexual.  However, I would love to see the transcripts of those text messags.  I am committed to working at our marriage. She does not know what she wants. At this point, she may lose her job, her license, etc.  Although I am committed to working it out, I want to cover my bases in case things go bad.  I will not lose those boys.  What should I do to cover my tail so that I do not lose those boys?
Ayize

Postby berny74 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:18 pm

My wife left myself and my three little boys.  She is a teacher who had an inappropriate cell phone/texting relationship with an 8th grade boy.  We are talking over 3,000 texts messags in a 20 day period.  And that is just on the new cell phone she purchased.  I'm 90% sure it was not sexual.  However, I would love to see the transcripts of those text messags.  I am committed to working at our marriage. She does not know what she wants. At this point, she may lose her job, her license, etc.  Although I am committed to working it out, I want to cover my bases in case things go bad.  I will not lose those boys.  What should I do to cover my tail so that I do not lose those boys?
berny74

Postby Reuben » Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:58 pm

Hi Ray, the longer your wife is absent from the home and your children the greater the chances are that you will end up with a parenting plan that will have you with the children the majority of the time. Unless and until you actually file for a dissolution of marriage there is no way to obtain transcripts of the text messages without your wife's cooperation. However you may be able to obtain that cooperation by indicating to her that you will be unable to reconcile your marriage unless and until you have access to all the communications that took place between herself and the 8th grader. I hope this information was helpful to you.

This answer is based solely on the information you have provided in your question and as always, I would advise that you arrange for an in person consultation with an attorney from my firm or another Family Law attorney familiar with Florida Family Law who can analyze the specific facts and circumstances of the case more closely to better advise you.

Sincerely,

Daniel Bachert, Esq.

The Bachert Law Firm, P.A.

330 Clematis Street, Suite 222

West Palm Beach, Florida 33401

(561) 653-3951
Reuben

Return to Traffic Law