Welcome to Law-Forums.org!   

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Embedded Iud

Been the victim of Medical Malpractice or fighting a malpractice suit? Discuss it here.

Embedded Iud

Postby Norval » Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:25 pm

I was just wondering if you can sue a doctor for inserting an IUD incorrectly. Because I now have and embedded IUD that need's to be removed surgically. What can I do?
Norval

Embedded Iud

Postby Launcelot » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:13 am

I was just wondering if you can sue a doctor for inserting an IUD incorrectly. Because I now have and embedded IUD that need's to be removed surgically. What can I do?
Launcelot

Embedded Iud

Postby Payden » Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:33 am

Let me guess. It's a Mirena? I have had dozens of questions regarding imbeddment and even uterine perforation by the IUD. Problem is, this is an all too common occurence. The fact that it became imbedded does not mean necessarily that the insertion was done incorrectly. It can be placed properly but contractions of the uterus or even the slightest trauma can move it around and getting stuck is something that can't be foreseen.  If the problem began immediately after insertion it might indicate that they did not carefully "sound" the uterus(check its shape) and it was inserted by other than a gyn, who knows, there might have been some negligence. But, no lawyer is interested in suing for you because at worst you will need some quick surgery and should have no long term harm.
Payden

Return to Medical Malpractice