Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Drug Testing

Discussions relating to Drug Laws

Drug Testing

Postby Morfran » Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:30 am

Hello,

I have been "ramdomedly" drug tested 2 times in the past 2 weeks. Do I have the right to ask for the results and why I have been required to take a "Ramdom" mouth swab drug test twice in the past two weeks? Thank you
Morfran

Drug Testing

Postby Erhard » Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:56 am

Hello,

I have been "ramdomedly" drug tested 2 times in the past 2 weeks. Do I have the right to ask for the results and why I have been required to take a "Ramdom" mouth swab drug test twice in the past two weeks? Thank you
Erhard

Drug Testing

Postby Suthleah » Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:45 am

Yes, you have the right to ask for a copy or confirmation of drug test results, but there is debate on whether the employer must comply with the request, except in the case of positive results that may lead to what's called adverse impact. If within those two times tested, your results were negative, I really wouldn't worry about it because there is nothing the employer may do to you with a negative test result.

It's rare that any one employee would be randomly selected twice in a row for a drug test, but it's not impossible. Depending on how many employees there are and the frequency of random tests(i.e. per week, month, quarter, etc), the probability of being chosen twice in a row may increase or decrease. For example, if the company has 10 employees and tests once a week, the probability that you would be chosen twice in a row would be higher than if the company has 100 employees and tests once a month.

Shannon M. Reising, MSP, PHR  
Suthleah

Return to Drug Laws