Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Does she like me back?

Dealing with a class action? Discuss it here

Does she like me back?

Postby osbourne » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:18 am

I don't usually ask for dating help online, but I have been known to overthink things before and I've been wrong about girls liking me as more than friends before, so I really don't know what to make of this latest girl.

I'm a senior in college. I've had 2 girlfriends before, both of whom were very outgoing, very flirty. That was all well and good for when I was dating them, but as a result, I'm left with a decided lack of skills when it comes to figuring out if a more reserved person likes me back.

I met this girl in one of my classes. She's a grad student who is taking some undergrad elective classes. We're in a class together that involves lots of group work, and I've talked to her on several occasions. The first time I really talked to her was after a lab discussion in which we had to give presentations. She told me she liked my presentation. I said the same to her and because she'd been dressed nicely, I told her she looked nice today. She walked with me a little ways and I invited her to a sports bar with some other friends from class, which she politely declined and went home.

This last Friday, she DID show up to a similar event at the same bar with a few friends from class. The 4 or so of us sat together and chatted about things we had in common. We played some card games and she invited me to join her friends in any future get togethers she had with that group of friends from our class.

She admitted to having seen me out running (I run for exercise), but she didn't say hi the time she did see me (or maybe I didn't hear her - I don't know). In any case, she strikes me as very fun, very spontaneous, but not very outgoing with new people (again, I misread these things sometimes, especially when it comes to girls I like).

I have issues overthinking things with girls I like. I usually can't tell if a female friend is spending time with me because she likes me or because she likes the time we spend together in a friend way. Because I know I like someone, I always doubt myself because I don't know whether I'm reading too much into her words or actions, and I run myself around in circles leaving me exactly where I started but several metacognition cycles closer to overthinking things.

I'm hoping someone here might shed some light on the situation. A non-trolling second opinion would be very helpful to me. Thanks in advance to anyone who answers.
osbourne

Return to Class Action