Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Do I Need An Export License?

The law of the sea.

Postby Gormant » Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:17 pm

We are a wine importer, located in Atlanta, GA.  We currently import wine from Europe to the US.

Recently we made some contacts in China and they are interested in importing  wine from the US thru our company.

:  Do I need an export license to ship wine from a US winery to China or is there another way? And if I need an exporter license for wine, how do I get this license?  What is the procedure?  Who do I need to contact for the paperwork?
Gormant

Postby Alhan » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:40 pm

We are a wine importer, located in Atlanta, GA.  We currently import wine from Europe to the US.

Recently we made some contacts in China and they are interested in importing  wine from the US thru our company.

:  Do I need an export license to ship wine from a US winery to China or is there another way? And if I need an exporter license for wine, how do I get this license?  What is the procedure?  Who do I need to contact for the paperwork?
Alhan

Postby Gilroy » Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:04 pm

Dear Eliza,

Please read previous answers-

In essence - All documents are secured from the Supplier to you which you forward to your end buyer- The exporter has the export license- The Chinese buyer secures the import /license permits- The supplier's winery  as to meet export standards to obtain such a export permit-Export goods have to attain very high standards- thus by default as suppose to be producing exceptional quality products-

You don't get possession of goods and the   tile of goods only become yours after the goods go over the ships rail in port of loading-

Thus all documents are produced from the supplier to you as per his quote- of which such documents are set to the buyer from your end-

If you are buying the wine cash from the winery  front door(EXW ex works) then all the delivery documents custom, clearances and permits are your to obtain at your cost- but then you would have purchased the wine a lot cheaper- as per your quote- and you headaches would then begin, especially if the winery has no export permit-

Please read previous answers-for more insight-

Kind regards

Davide G.A Papa

www.ftnexporting.com  
Gilroy

Return to Maritime Law