Not logged in? Join one of the bigest Law Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Tips for Achieving an Amicable Divorce

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Do I have grounds for a malpractice lawsuit?

Been the victim of Medical Malpractice or fighting a malpractice suit? Discuss it here.

Postby pete » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:49 pm

My grandmother was in the hospital and in her chart it says she is allergic to motrin, toradol, and medicines similar.

The doctors gave her toradol yesterday, saying that they didn't get a chart to read (which isn't true in the past her medical history has always shown she was allergic) The doctor claimed they have no information about that despite the fact she always goes to this hospital.

Before this incident they gave her motrin by accident because they didn't read her chart correctly yet again and the time before that they almost gave her a blood transfusion because they made a mistake again.

She's also been to the icu because of screw ups.
pete

Postby ardwyad » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:53 pm

YOU can't sue unless you are her legal guardian.

Your Grandmother may have a case if her health was affected.

Sounds to me like you need to find a different hospital, through all my time in the medical field, prior to giving any medication, the first question I asked or looked for the answer for, was allergies.
ardwyad

Postby yehudi » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:15 pm

It sounds like you do but you'll need copies of the documents. An attorney can subpoena them for you.
yehudi

Postby teyrnon72 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:26 pm

You cannot sue for malpractice. You may sue for damages as a result of malpractice. If your grandma's health is good today you have a significantly weaker case.
teyrnon72

Postby cinnard » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:32 pm

Of course, ask for all her medical records and contact an attorney.
cinnard

Return to Medical Malpractice