Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Deed

Family Law Discussion Forum

Deed

Postby Lynford » Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:04 pm

HI I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF IT S POSSIBLE TO MAKE A GIFT DEED TO A NON U.S RESIDENT,AND WHAT DOESN T IT IMPLY IF IT A SHARE OF A HOUSE IN PINECREST THAT S GOING TO BE SOLD?

ALTHOUGH ID LIKE TO KNOW IF THIS MONEY COULD BE USE TO INVEST IN  BUSINESS IN U.S FOR THE NON RESIDENT?

THANKS YOU
Lynford

Deed

Postby Beaumont » Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:18 pm

Alamkan,

The way I understand gift deeds is this; "A gift deed is a document which transfers property to another as a gift, that whom ever is the recipient of that gift retains all rights to that property upon transfer." There are different legalities involved regarding gift deeds, for example, the intention of why the gift was made.(The consideration can not be monetary, rather the intent should be out of love and affection for the recipient and not as a legal avoidance or tax dodge.)  Also there are two kinds of Gift deeds available, revokable and irrevocable. One can will a gift deed after death or while they are still living as part of a life estate.  It sounds like you need to speak with a Real Estate Attorney as to how gift deeds work if different people receive a percentage of this same gift deed.  Ex: If two different people are receiving a 50-50 portion of this gift.  I would also consult a real estate attorney as to whether it is legal to gift deed a United States property to persons living overseas, or if one is allowed to "cash in" the gift deed.  The attorneys would give you a more concrete answer regarding this subject and specifically your situation involving a gift deed given to you or a member of your family.
Beaumont

Deed

Postby Eallison » Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:03 am

HI I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF IT S POSSIBLE TO MAKE A GIFT DEED TO A NON U.S RESIDENT,AND WHAT DOESN T IT IMPLY IF IT A SHARE OF A HOUSE IN PINECREST THAT S GOING TO BE SOLD?

ALTHOUGH ID LIKE TO KNOW IF THIS MONEY COULD BE USE TO INVEST IN  BUSINESS IN U.S FOR THE NON RESIDENT?

THANKS YOU
Eallison

Return to Family Law