Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Dating A Minor

Defamation Law Discussion Forum

Dating A Minor

Postby davide » Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:35 pm

I am a 15 years old girl and i have a guy i like and he is 21. I was wondering if it would get him in trouble to date him? As long as my parents dont press charges? I live in oklahoma.
davide

Dating A Minor

Postby Galeun » Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:04 am

I am a 15 years old girl and i have a guy i like and he is 21. I was wondering if it would get him in trouble to date him? As long as my parents dont press charges? I live in oklahoma.
Galeun

Dating A Minor

Postby Sigmund » Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:56 am

Hi Shandelle,

There is no law preventing you from seeing each other.  But any sexual activity, even just talking about it, having any touching or nudity could get this guy put in jail for a very long time.  It doesn't matter what your parents think.  Doing this is a crime.  If anyone finds out about it and reports it(and many people would) he could be arrested and sentenced to jail.

You can read some of the relevant laws here:http://www.moraloutrage.net/staticpages/index.php?page=Oklahoma

My advice is to wait until you are older.  You are putting this guy at great risk if you date at this age.  If you really care for him, you would not subject him to any temptation to do anything illegal.

I hope this helps!

- Mike  
Sigmund

Return to Defamation Law