Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Ctw (criminal Trespass Warning)

Criminal Law Discussion Forum

Postby ahanu » Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:52 pm

Yesterday I was given a CTW(criminal traspassing warning) by the SAPD for being on a San Antonio College campus w/o being a student. AT THE COLLEGE, all my info was taken down, id, social security#, and my picture was taken. I have never committed a crime, have never even received a trafic violation.  So I am confused on what the CTW means to me.  Is this going to be on some sort of a criminal record?  Will this appear when background checks are processed, such as for job prospects? I understand that if I go to San Antonio College again then I will be arrested.  But other than that, I am lost. Any info that you can provide would be greatly appreciated.
ahanu

Postby Lawly » Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:09 am

Yesterday I was given a CTW(criminal traspassing warning) by the SAPD for being on a San Antonio College campus w/o being a student. AT THE COLLEGE, all my info was taken down, id, social security#, and my picture was taken. I have never committed a crime, have never even received a trafic violation.  So I am confused on what the CTW means to me.  Is this going to be on some sort of a criminal record?  Will this appear when background checks are processed, such as for job prospects? I understand that if I go to San Antonio College again then I will be arrested.  But other than that, I am lost. Any info that you can provide would be greatly appreciated.
Lawly

Postby Cleveland » Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:43 am

That sort of thing happens a lot, especially at schools.  As long as you stay away from that school, you will not have any problems.  It’s pretty much like a trespassing warning that is given to people who are loitering in a shopping center or on a downtown street corner.  Also you should know that there may come a time where you might have a legitimate reason to be on the campus of that school.  If that happens, you should contact the school’s security AND the SAPD before hand so they won’t mistake your presence at the school for trespassing.  You need to communicate this to them before hand. But one thing I can say happens a lot is if there are unsolved crimes on the campus, particularly if there is a description of a suspect with similar size, weight, ethnicity, etc as you, they could investigate you in their effort to solve that unsolved crime. Other than that, you probably won’t ever hear about that situation  again.  
Cleveland

Return to Criminal Law