Not logged in? Join one of the bigest Law Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Research Law Professors Before Choosing Law Schools

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Creative ways to start a news report?

Dealing with a class action? Discuss it here

Postby artzai » Sat May 26, 2012 10:02 am

So I'm doing this news report for my writing class, and I wanted a creative way to start out my news report (everyone else is basically doing Hello, Im blaa lol)... This is my role in my group:

Sportscaster - (You will need to share with the audience the action and various conflicts in the novel; at least 3 specific conflict events and their outcomes)

Oh and I'm reading Esperanza (due on Tuesday, needs to be practiced before then)
artzai

Postby burdett » Sat May 26, 2012 10:05 am

Usually, most news are considered "Hard news" and there's a certain format when writing it.
Since you're to be a sportscaster, such entertainment news are considered "Soft news" and yes, you can be creative when writing it. See http://www.media-awareness.ca/english/resources/special_initiatives/toolkit_resources/backgrounders/news_difference.cfm for a much better explanation about the difference.

As for creativity, let it flow from you; not post and ask on Y! Answers lol
Being creative means crafting it on your own.

But if you're really in a rough spot, watch sports news on youtube/TV and maybe you can note down tips/how sportscasters creatively report their stories.
burdett

Postby burdett » Sat May 26, 2012 10:12 am

Well....nearly everyone starts off by saying "well"

DO NOT DO IT
burdett

Return to Class Action