Not logged in? Join one of the bigest Law Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Tips for Achieving an Amicable Divorce

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Could i have a pet penguin?

Discuss anything to do with property law - buying, selling property

Postby valentino » Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:57 pm

i know all about the proper habitat and all that, my parents told me that i could get ANY pet because they canceled our world travel. I've always loved penguins and my dad said that i can have a 2 million dollar budget to find a property ,make a habitat, and pay for food, cleaning etc. As long as i can get all the permits right and make a 10,000 page paper including 100 reasons why i should get penguins.

I'm wondering if its LEGAL in canada to have pet penguins, or if i'd have to make the habitat a zoo? I'm serious, i dont want criticism and please dont say that i'm just a spoiled little rich kid. I was wondering if you had any imput on if its LEGAL, and if so, what some requirements would be. ps: i live in canada, so i'd want it to live in canada. Thanks in advance, and hey, any one who has good info, put a name down and thats what i'll name one! :)
valentino

Postby jamilah38 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:00 pm

i know all about the proper habitat and all that, my parents told me that i could get ANY pet because they canceled our world travel. I've always loved penguins and my dad said that i can have a 2 million dollar budget to find a property ,make a habitat, and pay for food, cleaning etc. As long as i can get all the permits right and make a 10,000 page paper including 100 reasons why i should get penguins.

I'm wondering if its LEGAL in canada to have pet penguins, or if i'd have to make the habitat a zoo? I'm serious, i dont want criticism and please dont say that i'm just a spoiled little rich kid. I was wondering if you had any imput on if its LEGAL, and if so, what some requirements would be. ps: i live in canada, so i'd want it to live in canada. Thanks in advance, and hey, any one who has good info, put a name down and thats what i'll name one! :)
Go to the animal shelter and adopt a dog or cat. Maybe that's within your real budget.
jamilah38

Postby nissim42 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:02 pm

LOL NO!
For a lot of exotic animals you need to pay $$$$$ for a permit. And kids don't usually get permits. It's expensive. I'm talking thousands of dollars.
Oh and, you cannot get a permit for a penguin.

Reading on I see that your dad is giving you 2 million dollars for a pet?
Get a fish.
Or a life.
And a 10,000 page paper?
Kid seriously.
nissim42

Postby claudius » Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:05 pm

I smell the unmistakeable whiff of bullshit.
claudius

Postby teyrnon72 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:10 pm

Singer Wayne Newton has pet penguins.

http://wildlife-nature.factoidz.com/facts-and-information-on-penguins/
teyrnon72

Postby reid » Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:15 pm

Lol Troll!! Goodbye : )
reid

Postby osbourne » Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:28 pm