Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Corporate Sponsorships And Youth Sports

Corporate Law Discussions

Postby Destrey » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:55 am

What rules are there governing corporate sponsorships given to non-profit youth sports teams? I am involved in with a new team, and there is huge disagreement how corporate sponsorships should be treated. If the sponsor is making a tax-deductible donation, and receives the tax ID number, should the donated money be put into team funds for team use, or can a portion of the amount be used to reduce the fees of the family who worked to bring in the sponsorship? Where can I find information on this?
Destrey

Postby Jamilah » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:28 pm

If a portion is given to the credit of the family then that family would be taxed on the income as compensation and the sports team would need to file the 1099-misc return as to the amount of the compensation of the professional fund raiser(the family).

www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/i1099msc.pdf which is the IRS instructions

for form 1099-Misc Harvey Mechanic Attorney At Law [email protected]
Jamilah

Postby Corwynn » Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:29 pm

What rules are there governing corporate sponsorships given to non-profit youth sports teams? I am involved in with a new team, and there is huge disagreement how corporate sponsorships should be treated. If the sponsor is making a tax-deductible donation, and receives the tax ID number, should the donated money be put into team funds for team use, or can a portion of the amount be used to reduce the fees of the family who worked to bring in the sponsorship? Where can I find information on this?
Corwynn

Return to Corporate Law