Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Consumer Credit Transaction Summons

Discuss anything relating to Consumer Law

Postby Mac » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:22 am

I am the victim of ID theft.  I received a summons for Consumer Credit Transaction on a credit card debt that I was unaware of until now.  I had no knowledge of the account and I never received a bill or statement.

I need to serve an answer.  Is this answer provided to the court or the plaintiffs attorney or both?

I intend to to defend this.  Will the plaintiff provide documents showing who applied for the credit card account?

Thanks.
Mac

Postby Eysteinn » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:35 pm

Dear Joseph, Thank you for your question.  

Your first priority is to obtain a police report on the crime that was committed against you.  When answering the summons include the police report and ask for a dismissal.  Send a copy to both the Plaintiff and the courts.  You can request the plaintiff to produce documents to prove your defense.  

If you need further assistance please contact us at:

OntrackFinancialGroup.com  
Eysteinn

Postby Eryi » Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:24 am

I am the victim of ID theft.  I received a summons for Consumer Credit Transaction on a credit card debt that I was unaware of until now.  I had no knowledge of the account and I never received a bill or statement.

I need to serve an answer.  Is this answer provided to the court or the plaintiffs attorney or both?

I intend to to defend this.  Will the plaintiff provide documents showing who applied for the credit card account?

Thanks.
Eryi

Return to Consumer Law