Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Commercial/notice To Vacate

Having a dispute with a tenant or landlord? Rental Law discussion

Postby Blar » Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:26 pm

I am a business owner and I have been in my location for over a year and now I have new owners who have purchased the property and are trying to do everything to push me out by increasing the rent 50%. While this was hard I was late one time on January 18th but I did notify the property manager which I received a late fee and it was paid When I did this I received a notice to Vacate by January 31st on the same day I was 8 days late I have never gone pass 30 days and the new owners have owned the building for 2mos. Due to the increase from 12 sqft 18sqft it has made it difficult to make the payment on time I feel this was an intentional thing to push us out since that hasn't worked they are giving me narrow parameters in my lease it says I have a 10 day free
Blar

Postby Treasach » Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:35 am

I am a business owner and I have been in my location for over a year and now I have new owners who have purchased the property and are trying to do everything to push me out by increasing the rent 50%. While this was hard I was late one time on January 18th but I did notify the property manager which I received a late fee and it was paid When I did this I received a notice to Vacate by January 31st on the same day I was 8 days late I have never gone pass 30 days and the new owners have owned the building for 2mos. Due to the increase from 12 sqft 18sqft it has made it difficult to make the payment on time I feel this was an intentional thing to push us out since that hasn't worked they are giving me narrow parameters in my lease it says I have a 10 day free
Treasach

Postby Choni » Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:16 am

Dear Michelle,

Before I respond further to your question, I must make clear that I do not represent you, and cannot give you individual particularized legal advice. No attorney client relationship is created by this email. For legal advice, you should hire your own attorney, and follow their advice. My role with AllExperts is limited to providing general information and suggestions for educational or general knowledge purposes.

Before you take any action, consult with your own attorney.

Your question feels more like an economic than legal one.

Landlords frequently do increase their rent, and are generally permitted to do so at their pleasure.

From what you are sharing, I sense very little by way of legal remedies, but encourage you to take your lease and rental documents to an attorney licensed to practice law in your state to ascertain whether there is any legal relief available to you.

Failing that, I think it’s time to search for a new place to work.

I hope this helps, good luck to you.

Morgan Smith

SMITH & RAVER LLP

Minneapolis, Minnesotahttp://smith-and-raver-llp.biz/
Choni

Return to Rental Law