Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Cocaine & Prescription Pain Pills

Discussions relating to Drug Laws

Postby esaw100 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:05 am

My aunt takes anti-depressants & pain meds for a Hernia she had removed(think its back) and she  is an ex-cocaine addict of 2 years(apparently). Can she take these pain meds and still not be using cocaine? And if she is using is there such a thing as an occasional user? Also if she is indeed not using cocaine can there be a lasting chemical affect from all the years she did use? She wants to babysite our child and I just don't feel comfortable with her being alone with our child. I know she wouldn't intentionally hurt her, but there are higher risks. I've offered a drug taste and she agreed and then turned around and said no because even if she would, it would not change anything. She has odd behaviors, picks her legs & arms...claims its a skin condition? She has clammy skin pail coloration and is claiming she gets hot easily? I remember when she was regularly using cocaine and I would talk to her, she would speak a million miles a minute, she doesn't do that anymore. But that doesn't mean she couldn't still be using right? She is very emotional and takes things too much to heart.
esaw100

Postby Hwithloew » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:29 am

My aunt takes anti-depressants & pain meds for a Hernia she had removed(think its back) and she  is an ex-cocaine addict of 2 years(apparently). Can she take these pain meds and still not be using cocaine? And if she is using is there such a thing as an occasional user? Also if she is indeed not using cocaine can there be a lasting chemical affect from all the years she did use? She wants to babysite our child and I just don't feel comfortable with her being alone with our child. I know she wouldn't intentionally hurt her, but there are higher risks. I've offered a drug taste and she agreed and then turned around and said no because even if she would, it would not change anything. She has odd behaviors, picks her legs & arms...claims its a skin condition? She has clammy skin pail coloration and is claiming she gets hot easily? I remember when she was regularly using cocaine and I would talk to her, she would speak a million miles a minute, she doesn't do that anymore. But that doesn't mean she couldn't still be using right? She is very emotional and takes things too much to heart.
Hwithloew

Postby Eno » Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:43 am

Hi Shannon,

Yes, it's possible to take pain meds and not return to cocaine.  But having said that, I wouldn't say she is living the life of the recovering individual.  There's no definitive evidence on the long-term effects of cocaine abuse, but I would say there are likely some.  If you don't feel secure leaving your child with her, I'd advise you to not do so.  She might be offended by your not believing she is free of cocaine, but I understand your wanting to be sure of her status.  Seems to me she has to become more attuned to healthy living, and maybe see a therapist.  Being "very emotional" and "taking things too much to heart" sounds like someone who could use some mental health counseling.

Best,

Peter
Eno

Return to Drug Laws