Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Clothing Of The Monarchy

The law of the sea.

Clothing Of The Monarchy

Postby Chirantan » Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:38 pm

I'm doing a research paper on clothes that represent power and i need to know what type of clothing the monarch wore back in the 1800s that would represent their power.

ANSWER: In the nineteenth century there would be two types of clothing, one specific to the monarch and one generic. By the first I mean coronation robes and parliamentary robes, including crowns. The second would be military uniforms, though of course people other than sovereigns would have these as well. I suggest you concentrate on the former, and look up sources on coronations.

---------- FOLLOW-UP ----------

Would they wear a lot of accesories?
Chirantan

Clothing Of The Monarchy

Postby Xing » Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:46 pm

I'm doing a research paper on clothes that represent power and i need to know what type of clothing the monarch wore back in the 1800s that would represent their power.

ANSWER: In the nineteenth century there would be two types of clothing, one specific to the monarch and one generic. By the first I mean coronation robes and parliamentary robes, including crowns. The second would be military uniforms, though of course people other than sovereigns would have these as well. I suggest you concentrate on the former, and look up sources on coronations.

---------- FOLLOW-UP ----------

Would they wear a lot of accesories?
Xing

Clothing Of The Monarchy

Postby Cavan » Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:13 am

It depends on what you call accessories. The coronation robes, worn only once in lifetime, include crown, sceptre, orb, etc. The parliamentary robes, worn(in British practice) once a year, included crown, robe with train, as well as the order of the Garter(neck collar etc).
Cavan

Return to Maritime Law