Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Citibank Remove Judgment

Discuss anything relating to Consumer Law

Citibank Remove Judgment

Postby Eimar » Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:06 am

I have paid NCO to Citibank on my account. Citibank has sent 2 form letters stating my credit reports will be updated. I got 1 letter in February and 1 in March. I get one each time I call them.  Account is fully settled. I have been trying to get them to process a release of judgment with my County Court House. Judgment that was filed by their lawyer=now the lawyer states they no longer represent Citibank and will not answer any correspondence from me.  I have faxed, mailed and talked with Citibank's recovery department. As of Friday, noted fax had been received and all files were transferred to legal department. As of today, no phone call. I have been trying to get this matter taken care of since January, 2012. What can I do to get this 1 piece of paper with a notarized signature sent to the courts to release judgment? I stand to loose $$ if not taken care of soon. Each time I call I have to go through the whole process again.  thanks,
Eimar

Citibank Remove Judgment

Postby Wicleah » Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:36 am

jmm,

First, a disclaimer -- I can't give you legal advice in general, and specifically do not know what State law we are dealing with in your case.

Regardless, I can suggest a couple of steps you might take.

If there is a court record in the case in which Citi obtained the judgment against you, contact the clerk of the court that issued the judgment and find out who is the successor law firm that took over the case.  Based on that record, you may learn the contact at the new law firm, or(if there is no new firm listed) re-contact the law firm and advise them that they are still counsel of record.  If they refuse to help, you can always offer to contact your State Bar Association for further action(which should get their attention).  At a minimum, they should be able to refer you to the new law firm to whom they sent the client's records.  If it is indeed back to the legal department at Citi, you can ask for the name of the specific attorney there.

You might go to the County Recorder's office and request to file a copy of the letters from Citi, if not to release the judgment formally, at least to have the documents filed that demonstrate(to anyone who does a property search)that the matter has been resolved -- and at least put third parties on notice that there is no outstanding claim against you.

Beyond that, I can only suggest that you continue to correspond in writing to Citi, and start sending copies of your correspondence to the newly-formed Consumer Financial Protection Bureau -- see http://www.consumerfinance.gov/ I hope that helps.

Good luck!  
Wicleah

Citibank Remove Judgment

Postby Finleigh » Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:26 am

I have paid NCO to Citibank on my account. Citibank has sent 2 form letters stating my credit reports will be updated. I got 1 letter in February and 1 in March. I get one each time I call them.  Account is fully settled. I have been trying to get them to process a release of judgment with my County Court House. Judgment that was filed by their lawyer=now the lawyer states they no longer represent Citibank and will not answer any correspondence from me.  I have faxed, mailed and talked with Citibank's recovery department. As of Friday, noted fax had been received and all files were transferred to legal department. As of today, no phone call. I have been trying to get this matter taken care of since January, 2012. What can I do to get this 1 piece of paper with a notarized signature sent to the courts to release judgment? I stand to loose $$ if not taken care of soon. Each time I call I have to go through the whole process again.  thanks,
Finleigh

Return to Consumer Law