Welcome to Law-Forums.org!   

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Child Care Authorization

Been the victim of Legal Malpractice? Discuss it here.

Child Care Authorization

Postby Connlaoi » Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:11 am

Being a grand parent and one who will be soon having my grandchild live with me, I have written an authorization note for medical treatment, in case of accident.

Will this be enough or must it be notarized ?

With mothers signiture naturally..

Thank You so much for your answer. I have  had these notes for previous children, and thankfully

never had need for use. But now want to be absolutely sure as mother will be gone at a greater distance...Thanks again..M
Connlaoi

Child Care Authorization

Postby Oegelsby » Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:21 am

Being a grand parent and one who will be soon having my grandchild live with me, I have written an authorization note for medical treatment, in case of accident.

Will this be enough or must it be notarized ?

With mothers signiture naturally..

Thank You so much for your answer. I have  had these notes for previous children, and thankfully

never had need for use. But now want to be absolutely sure as mother will be gone at a greater distance...Thanks again..M
Oegelsby

Child Care Authorization

Postby Cearnach » Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:40 am

Dear Margie;

Thank you for writing.  It is legal in most states to have just a handwritten letter from the parent(s) or legal guardian that states you(name) has their permission to seek medical treatment for a child/children in their absence.  If you would feel better about the statement, you can have it notarized.

If you have doubts, you can contact a physicans office and ask if this is acceptable and if not, how to secure something that is acceptable.  Again, most states accept the statements - they are mainly for liablity coverage for the medical provider so they don't get sued for malpractice.

Best of Luck,

Rebecca
Cearnach

Return to Legal Malpractice