Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Cell Phone Bill That Went To Debt Collectors

Discuss the legalities of Bankruptcy Law

Postby Washbourne » Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:15 pm

Dear Creditwrench,

ok, so here is my sorry and i hope you can help

i decided to help my friend(who is 16) get a cell phone from Amp'd Mobile around this time last year. So i foolishly co-signed for the phone and since she had a job at the time, she would pay me monthly for the bill, and i didn't see a problem with that. Soon thereafter she lost her job, here is where the problem starts. You can only purchase an Amp'd Moblie phone through a reseller or online, therefore there is no direct contact with any Amp'd Moblie representitives, and because of this the only way you can recieve the bill for each month is if you play an extra $3 a month to get it in the mail or you can have it emailed to you. So just for money sake, we decided to have it sent to her email. The first 4 months go by and she receives nothing in her email, but she did get calls from Amp'd telling her that she was late on payments and she contiunously called them and said she hadn't received any billing statements for the month/s. after the forth month goes by she get a call from Amp'd telling her that she owe's  $2000 and we have no clue why. for the next 3-4 months i called the over and over and i even wrote them a letter, only to find no help with the situation only that the bill continued to rise to over $3000 she was even charged for months she didn't even use the phone because her parents took it away all of december and she was still charged. After this i had to call them 3 seperate TIMES...3 TIMES!! to make them deactivate the phone. But read this link on Amp'd Moblie fore it talks about their bankruptcy(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amp'd_Mobile).

In the end we did send them $300 for the 6-7months we actually USED the phone. Now im getting calls from a debt collector who said the most she could do is lower it to $2100, and honestly i don't feel i owe this company anything. But as of late ive been trying to apply for a credit card and i keep getting denied because of my lack of history on my transunion credit history.

end of story(sorry it was so long)
Washbourne

Postby Ferdynand » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:24 am

We can complain forever about who did what to whom and whether or not we got the dirty end of the stick in the process but that will get us nowhere except into more trouble, grief and misery. The only thing that is important once the milk has been spilled is how to clean up the mess and leave everything as spotless as it was before. How to do that is really very simple although it does take a bit of learning and it usually costs a bit of money for the cleanup tools. This is no exception. The way to clean up this kind of mess is to learn how to catch the collection agency violating the law and haul them into federal court where you will win before they haul you into a local court where they will win. Stop worrying about how badly they treated you and start doing something about it. I teach people how to take a losing situation and turn it into a winning situation and you can start learning how to do that by visiting my web site at http://www.creditwrench.com and my message board at http://consumers.creditwrench.com and getting in on my Friday night conference calls. You can learn how to put an end to those annoying phone calls by visiting http://www.creditwrench.com/18questions.html and listen to the recordings so you can hear how I handle debt collectors on the phone. Do the same and the calls will stop quickly.
Ferdynand

Postby charly » Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:05 am

Dear Creditwrench,

ok, so here is my sorry and i hope you can help

i decided to help my friend(who is 16) get a cell phone from Amp'd Mobile around this time last year. So i foolishly co-signed for the phone and since she had a job at the time, she would pay me monthly for the bill, and i didn't see a problem with that. Soon thereafter she lost her job, here is where the problem starts. You can only purchase an Amp'd Moblie phone through a reseller or online, therefore there is no direct contact with any Amp'd Moblie representitives, and because of this the only way you can recieve the bill for each month is if you play an extra $3 a month to get it in the mail or you can have it emailed to you. So just for money sake, we decided to have it sent to her email. The first 4 months go by and she receives nothing in her email, but she did get calls from Amp'd telling her that she was late on payments and she contiunously called them and said she hadn't received any billing statements for the month/s. after the forth month goes by she get a call from Amp'd telling her that she owe's  $2000 and we have no clue why. for the next 3-4 months i called the over and over and i even wrote them a letter, only to find no help with the situation only that the bill continued to rise to over $3000 she was even charged for months she didn't even use the phone because her parents took it away all of december and she was still charged. After this i had to call them 3 seperate TIMES...3 TIMES!! to make them deactivate the phone. But read this link on Amp'd Moblie fore it talks about their bankruptcy(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amp'd_Mobile).

In the end we did send them $300 for the 6-7months we actually USED the phone. Now im getting calls from a debt collector who said the most she could do is lower it to $2100, and honestly i don't feel i owe this company anything. But as of late ive been trying to apply for a credit card and i keep getting denied because of my lack of history on my transunion credit history.

end of story(sorry it was so long)
charly

Return to Bankruptcy Law