Not logged in? Join one of the bigest Law Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Tips for Achieving an Amicable Divorce

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Can you still get Emergency Unemployment Compensation in Florida?

Workers Compensation Law Discussion

Postby scirwode » Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:49 pm

Long story short, I was let go by Wal-Mart in mid-may 2011 and spent close to 10 months on unemployment and was near the end of the first tier of Emergency Unemployment Compensation when I took a seasonal six month job. Last week my fellow seasonal workers and I were told to prepare for layoffs in September. Now I am hoping for the best but preparing for the worst and called Florida Unemployment and I was told because of the way the Unemployment Compensation system is set up (three month quarters ending in late March of 2012), the six months I worked would count towards NEXT year and not this year, but she said if I do get laid off to file a claim anyway because I might be able to continue my EUC. I was told (a few months ago) that Florida will have stopped all EUC as of August, but the lady does this for a living, and must know what she is talking about. so I am wondering if she was mistaken, or if there is something else going on that I don't know about.
scirwode

Postby koltin » Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:52 pm

This question confused the hell outta me. What are you asking?
koltin

Re: Can you still get Emergency Unemployment Compensation in

Postby Kellen » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:23 am

If you doing a job and continuously contribute for unemployment benefit than you have right to get the unemployment benefit.And the unemployment is defined according to the number of year you contribute and the rate for that year.
Kellen

Return to Workers Compensation