Not logged in? Join one of the bigest Law Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Research Law Professors Before Choosing Law Schools

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Can you buy a shotgun if you have a warrant for traffic tickets that you got outstanding failure to appear on?

Been involved in a traffic accident? Discuss traffic laws here

Can you buy a shotgun if you have a warrant for traffic tickets that you got outstanding failure to appear on?

Postby koltin » Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:36 pm

I got 2 tickets. Had 2 traffic court summons because of them & i never went to neither. One is driving without a license & a marijuana possession charge. The Other is just driving without a license. They were both in CA. Can i still buy an age 18 & over shotgun? Other than an unpaid parking ticket added to my car on a totally different day my record is clean. I don't think any of those tickets were even misdemeanors but I'm not sure?
koltin

Postby darvell » Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:38 pm

just go to a gun show they'll sell you that ****. i bought a laser guided bazooka and a rocket propelled grenade
darvell

Postby parnell » Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:44 pm

You WILL not be able to buy a shotgun. You backed out of paying your tickets and there is a warrant out for you somewhere. You will eventually get caught again and when you do it's off to jail.
Flaking out on your tickets was stupid and childish. Now you won't be able to buy a shotgun or any other kind of gun.
parnell

Postby jan46 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:48 pm

Are you serious?

You are a fugitive.

Lawyer up and deal with those tickets; it's ridiculous to spend the rest of your life running away from some silly tickets.
jan46

Postby taryn31 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:53 pm

It depends on where you live.

Most states do not require any type of background check, licensing, or permit to purchase a shotgun.

Here in Colorado, as long as you are 18 years old, you can legally walk into any Walmart and buy as many shotguns and ammunition as you can carry regardless of your record.
taryn31

Return to Traffic Law