Not logged in? Join one of the bigest Law Forums on the Internet! Join Now!  

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Can you be fined for the same offense twice in one day?

Been involved in a traffic accident? Discuss traffic laws here

Postby hackett » Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:01 am

So yesterday I got a parking ticket downtown for having no front license plate, got on the highway to go home and got pulled over. I showed him I had just received the same exact ticket minutes before, and that I was trying to get home and put it on. He said that was irrelevant and wrote me another no front license plate ticket and a speeding ticket. I have no problem payin the speeding ticket I am just wondering if I am going to end up having to pay both no front license fines? I feel like that was way unfair.
hackett

Postby aescby » Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:03 am

Yes. You can be fined for the same thing. I remember a person was parked illegally next to a stop sign and they received like 4 tickets. It was pretty messed up.
aescby

Postby francisco » Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:11 am

Yes. You can be fined for the same thing. I remember a person was parked illegally next to a stop sign and they received like 4 tickets. It was pretty messed up.
No you should not be written up again for the missing front license plate within 24 hours of the same ticket but you can be written up several times on traffic violations on the same day at different time and place. You can even dispute if you had a parking ticket violation already and about to drive off and get another ticket again before driving out of that place
francisco

Return to Traffic Law