Not logged in? Join one of the bigest Law Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Tips for Achieving an Amicable Divorce

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Can I use medical marijuana in Maine while on state probation?

Discussions relating to Drug Laws

Postby cleirach70 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:48 am

I am on probation in the state of Maine and I have conditions against me drinking or using illegal drugs including marijuana. That is how it is worded in my conditions I believe. I am currently on adderall xr and my probation officer has no problems with that. I want to get my medical marijuana card but I do not know if there are laws that would prohibit me from using since I am on probation. Does anyone know if probation can override a prescription written by a doctor? Since it is for marijuana? Thank you.
cleirach70

Postby sceley » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:49 am

Medical marijuana cards are not prescriptions since a prescriptions is controlled by the FDA and they have not approved marijuana cards used at dispensaries.
A pharmaceutical product, Marinol, (Dronabinol) is widely available through prescription. It comes in the form of a pill and is also being studied by researchers for suitability via other delivery methods, such as an inhaler or patch. The active ingredient of Marinol is synthetic THC, which has been found to relieve the nausea and vomiting associated with chemotherapy for cancer patients and to assist with loss of appetite with AIDS patients.
Technically, a marijuana card is not a prescription.
sceley

Postby darvell » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:01 am

fack the prescription!

grow your own weed on a closet.
darvell

Return to Drug Laws