Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Business Law Help!!!!!?

Discuss the legalities of Bankruptcy Law

Business Law Help!!!!!?

Postby abelard29 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:12 am

I'm not asking anyone to write an essay, maybe just give me a few pointers in which direction to go in, or maybe some helpful insight to help me get going on this. Thank you.

I have to write a 5 page essay on the following:

“Law is the set of rules which are established by society through whatever means, democratic lawmaking, dictatorial fiat, treaty, or ecclesiastical edict. Laws reflect the values of a society and, especially, its theory of commerce and economics. The system established in the United States reflects its values and the economic system which has evolved here: capitalism limited by the rules thought appropriate over the history of our nation. These laws have allowed commerce and growth. The limits have set the rules of the game to restrict the ultimate logical conclusion of some of the theories which we embrace. Our laws set limits, protect those in business, and enable people willing to take a chance. Finally, they punish those who take advantage of the system. Law allows our business community to function and has enabled the greatest economic system in the history of the world.” -Anonymous.

Explain the quotation above. Be sure to talk about what our system is, what theories underlie it, how limits have been applied to unfettered capitalism and why this is good or bad, what penalties exist, etc.).

Then apply it to the following list of particular U.S. laws and systems each in one concise but complete paragraph:

1. The Sherman and Clayton Anti-Trust Acts.
2. US Bankruptcy Law.
3. Federal Labor Law (Wagner Act, Taft Hartley, etc.)
4. Common Law of Contracts.
5. The Securities Acts of 1933 and 1934.
6. Article 2 of the Uniform Commercial Code.
7. The Commerce Clause of the United States Constitution.
8. Common Law Wrongful Termination Employment Law.

If someone could possibly help me get going, or possibly show me some credible sources, then that would be much appreciated! Thank you!!!
abelard29

Return to Bankruptcy Law