Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Business Deductions For Tutoring

The law of the sea.

Postby Toren » Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:10 am

s About Taxes)/Business Deductions for Tutoring Advertisement Expert: John Stancil, CPA - 3/23/2009 I tutored online for 5 months last year.  Can I deduct part of my Internet costs for those 5 months?  

Also I tutor students in my home, but in the dining room and not a "business only" room. I am guessing that there are no true expenses(utilities or anything really) that can be deducted for my in-home student tutoring.  Is there anything else I should be considering? Thanks so much!!
Toren

Postby Jesus » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:52 pm

Karen,

Thanks for your question.

Yes, you can deduct a portion of your internet fees for tutoring business.  You cannot deduct for a home office as you do not use the area regularly and exclusively.

Any expenses you incur, such as awards or favors for your clients, books or materials you purchase, that are for the tutoring business would be deductible.

Hope this helps.

John Stancil, CPA
Jesus

Postby Honorato » Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:21 pm

s About Taxes)/Business Deductions for Tutoring Advertisement Expert: John Stancil, CPA - 3/23/2009 I tutored online for 5 months last year.  Can I deduct part of my Internet costs for those 5 months?  

Also I tutor students in my home, but in the dining room and not a "business only" room. I am guessing that there are no true expenses(utilities or anything really) that can be deducted for my in-home student tutoring.  Is there anything else I should be considering? Thanks so much!!
Honorato

Return to Maritime Law