Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Boye Needle Co.

Patents & Trademarks Discussion Forum

Boye Needle Co.

Postby Chresta » Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:27 am

------------------------- Followup To - I have a round metal case with Boye Brand "Needles, Shuttles and Bobbins for Your Machine" written on it.  It has many wooden containers with needles and shuttles in it and some bobbins.  I was wondering about the origin of it and how much it is worth?
Chresta

Boye Needle Co.

Postby gustav » Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:13 pm

- Hello Peggy.  Your metal case was used in general stores that sold sewing goods.  Often, you can find these for sale on ebay.  I've seen them in antique shops, but could not give you a value sight unseen, as condition is most important.  Barb

I've looked on ebay and found several that look the same except mine doesn't give a patent pending or patent date...around the turning arrow there is a 13 RN printed.  Is there any significiance to the number?  Could I send you a photo?
gustav

Boye Needle Co.

Postby seme22 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:28 am

Hi Peggy.  The first made, or oldest of the cases, would be stamped Patent Pending.  Once the patent date was issued, there would be a patent date.  If your case has neither, it is not as old as those with patent pending or patent date.  I have no idea what the 13 RN represents.  You are welcome to send me a photo, but I don't think I can tell you anything more about your piece.  Barb  
seme22

Boye Needle Co.

Postby Magee » Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:24 am

------------------------- Followup To - I have a round metal case with Boye Brand "Needles, Shuttles and Bobbins for Your Machine" written on it.  It has many wooden containers with needles and shuttles in it and some bobbins.  I was wondering about the origin of it and how much it is worth?
Magee

Return to Patents & Trademarks